Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recession Mindedness

So this post was supposed to be about my top vacation spots, and not that that it isn't a good question that I will certainly be revisiting later (!), but several indicators stopped me in my tracks:

1) I have at least twelve vacation spots I want to go to, so picking favorites will be super hard.

2) That guy in the car insurance commercials who says "If we're not in a recession, it sure feels like it!"

3) My dear friends at BunnyShop reminded me how expensive everything is getting.

4) Yesterday I looked into my checking account and although I swear the last time I checked (around the 10th of July) I had like $550, I now only have like $129!! It's only been 12 days, and I swear (!!) that I didn't spend that much since then! So word to the wise, check your account more than once every 12 days. Good thing I get paid Friday or I could be in serious trouble!

5) I realized yesterday morning that I will owe Wells Fargo 80 THOUSAND dollars in four years once I am done with SU. So I'm virtually in debt from now until 2020.

And thus, who has money to go on vacations? Not me! So instead, everything in today's blog is $10 under!!! And as a disclaimer, as I am sure my dad will remind you all, the best solution to this darned recession is to not spend. At all.



To me, this is the perfect summer top. It has a lower cut neckline, but not obscenely so. It is banded at the bottom to hopefully allow more tummy room. And it's basic and goes with everything. And also comes in green and white for those of you who like a more cheery top. And I would also like to mention the sleeves on this, I like 'em. $6.99


So this shirt is also simple and summer-y, and I will tell you that if this is too skimpy for you and/or you are modest with your arms you can certainly wear it with a thin shirt under. I like the ties at the top, they are whimsical (Good use of the word Aunt Lennie! Although perhaps it is not as applicable here as it was yesterday). And this shirt comes in 8 colors! I of course like Berry Chutney and Deep Plum (Both purples, but then again it is my favorite color. Hence the noted appearance of purple in this blog). $4.99


This is the noted shirt I featured on the Fourth of July, only in tank top form and even cheaper! $3.99


So in Washington you need sunglasses maybe a month out of the year? As I type this it is gloomy and gray outside, see what I mean? So I buy and lose sunglasses quite often out of shear neglect of use. That's why I head to Forever 21 for sunglasses, they're all $5.80 all the time! I got these ones in particular Saturday when we were at an outdoor mall and I reached into my purse to get my old sunglasses and realized they had cracked almost at the nose and were useless. So I almost went for these purple ones, and then backed out because I am a wimp and got the same style but in black. But I would love if someone bought them in purple just to see!



Sandals! Which has a longer shelf life in Washington than sunglasses, we wear them even if it is cold, just with long pants and probably a sweater. But these are cute and purple and would even fit in with the dress code at my old school because they have heel support! And by the way, this picture doesn't really do them justice. $7.99


And lastly, a purse. In leopard print, which we know is one of my favorite prints, in fact I have a whole post dedicated to it. It's like my fourth favorite pattern (1:argyle, 2:houndstooth, 3: gingham, 4:leopard print, 5:zebra print). So this bag is cheap and uhm leopard print. And on that note... $10

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment on today's blog other than to say that your dad sounds like a swell guy with a level head. I agree with him, you should save your money and spend your time with the millions of dollars worth of stuff you already have. Maybe spend some quality time with that top notch dad, talking, weeding, who knows. Signed, The Voice of Wisdom and Reason.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon my fashion ignorance, but what does a "houndstooth" pattern look like? You listed it as one of your favorite patterns (#2 I think) so I was kind of curious. Show example?

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if your school offers summer abroad programs but you should look into doing one. It is a great way to earn college credit while being able to visit another country and learn its culture. Carpe Diem (or something like that).

5:26 PM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

SouthCenter is having it's grand opening on Friday. H&M, Flagship Forever 21(2 levels),Aerie,Sephora and Dehlia's.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home