Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sorry my dear devoted blog readers!

For posting so late. I was busy all morning and then went to work from 2-9! So here we go.

My dad suggested I write about some WWE DVDs that recently came out, but of course I and everyone else could care less about wrestling, so I decided to write about a few of the TV shows on DVD that I like (gee, I sure have been straying from fashion a lot these days! But it's ok because it makes me more well rounded and I can appeal to a wider audience!). So Golden Girls. I don't care that this show is from the 80's and the women all could be my great grandmas by now and are old on the show, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I love the humor and the wacky clothes and the sarcasm. Basically. $24.99

King of Queens (like Golden Girls actually) is in syndication so you can watch reruns like twice a day. This show is really really funny (all the characters for different reasons, Doug is kinda dumb but has a really good heart and is funny without trying, Carrie is funny in a mean way, and Arthur is just crazy). I recommend this show because it's so good for laughs. $23.49

This is actually a show I've been meaning to watch for awhile and just haven't. It is about King Henry VIII and his life, around the time between his first and second wives (he had six). I've always loved the stories of the House of Tudor and his family and wives and kids especially. It's like so much drama, Old English style. $27.99

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch a lot of british tv shows but I have never seen the tudors. Is this on BBC America? I saw Jonathon Rhys-Meyers in Match Point with Scarlett Johanson a while ago so I am familiar with him. Oh, so did you like the other boyelyn girl? It was a good movie, huh?-aunt lola

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Everyone Loves Raymond? We happen to have all the seasons on DVD and it was your mom who got us into that show (and we're glad she did because they're sooo funny!)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So I got my spiral notebook, drink, and a pen. And then abracadabra y'all, done it again." These lyrics are from Will Smith's "Da Butta", a jammin' groove, fo sho. I hope that you are using this line with permission and giving Will a percentage of your royalties. Signed, not your dad, but possibly the Queen of England or Alfonso Ribeiro, and definitely not any of the members of New Kids on the Block

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

The Tudors is on Showtime, I think? Either that or HBO, but I'm pretty sure it's Showtime. I LOVED The Other Boyelyn Girl, even more than Elizabeth actually. Everyone Loves Raymond is alright, but definitely more my parents' baby than mine. Maybe I am just more attracted to sarcastic humor, and the Barones seem too squeeky clean. King of Queens is like Everybody Loves Raymond without kids, which makes a huge difference. Although, to give ELR some credit, the cameos Ray, his wife, and parents make on KoQ are all pretty good. And what royalties??

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Showtime? Well, someone is living large aren't they? We don't get any showtime here at Lawndale Manor.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I LOVE both The King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond! I'm a faithful watcher of both shows. I was sadened when Everybody Loves Raymond ended. I would have to say my favorite of the two. The grandparents really made the show. They were too funny! I've heard The Tudors is really good. I've gotta watch it sometime. Don't forget The George Lopez Show! (Again, the grandmother helps make the show!)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Don't worry, I don't get showtime either! =) That's why I haven't watched the show yet... but they have the first season DVD!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home