Friday, August 10, 2007

*Rawr* (and a touch of Hoochie Skirt Wednesday)

A few days ago I innocently decided to do a post on leopard print for today (yes I do plan them, my blog has taken my life over a bit), after all, it is my fourth favorite print. Little did I know there is a plethora of marvelous leopard print articles of clothing.

I love that this shirt is not in the traditional sense leopard but blue instead. Not only that but it has the merit of the empire waist (floats away from the body; if you remember anything from my posts, an empire waist is key). $24.50

Mmkay, I gotta admit that this shirt is nothing really (wow, I really love italics tonight) special, aside from the color (you can never go wrong with pink), but I like this shirt. I am big on printed tanks that I can wear under cardigans to school. And I can also appreciate that at really quick glance that this model kinda looks like Mila Kunis, and I love her nail polish. $21

There should be a Naughty Secretary Day at all places where you have to dress up for work. Or perhaps a Naughty Secretary Dress Up Day in general. I bring this up because if there were such a day, I would wear this. Or perhaps not, I might not have the guts. But anyways, you get the picture. When a skirt has a zipper all the way up the side of the skirt (there go the italics again), then you know, as Kathy Griffin said, "I'd like to show him a thing or two about a thing or two." And I really hope this last blurb hasn't tainted my overall angelic attitude. I'm just saying this skirt is a little naughty. The End. $48


Not gonna lie, at first glance, I thought this dress was a negligee. But it turns out that it is a dress from the Juniors section at Macy's. Go figure. This is what our world is coming to. But it's still a cute dress. $36 (On Sale and FREE SHIPPING!)



I am a known connoisseur of watches. I have been known to have my fair share of them, and usually more than several are at my disposal at any given time. The watch I am using now I have had for quite a while, and it's probably time for me to get a new one, at least on my timeline. But the point is, if I had to wear one watch for the next ten years, I wouldn't mind it being this one. Pink Leopard print and bling on a watch? Ingenious! $125

I have a promiscuous love affair....with Betsey Johnson. Ms. Johnson can do virtually no wrong as far as I'm concerned, at least when accessories are concerned. Exhibit A? This bag. It is exquisite. The leather detailing and gold hardware already sell me, and I love the detail of an attached coin purse right on the bag. Oh Betsey, how you thrill me! $235




This dress is also from Macy's, but this time from the Womans department. Although, to me, you couldn't tell, I would assume Juniors department. But what can I say, it is accessorized with a nice belt. But I have just have to note, now that I remember, that with any of these articles (accept maybe the jewelry) you should probably just stick with one leopard piece per outfit. I mean with a dress, it's not that hard, just wear some black platforms or something. But with the other pieces especially, wear one leopard piece and simplify the rest. We don't want to go around looking like prats... $59.40

I have an intense infatuation with Christian Louboutin shoes. They are like the epitome of shoes. One day, when I am rich and famous, those will be among one of my first purchases. What I love about these shoes is that they are very close to Louboutins (peep toe, covered platform) except without the trademark red sole. But as I said, that's probably trademarked, so these are almost as good as gold. I can almost visualize Nicole Richie wearing these. By the by, I bought some covered platform leopard suede slingbacks from Payless, but have not had the nerve to wear them. But I hope to at least wear them to a dance sometime this year. Let's hope. $160.95



Like I said before, I love me some Betsey Johnson. Every single time I go to Macy's, I gaze at her turnstile and wish I could buy some of her jewelry. It's just sort of out of my price range. But I can still dream, can't I? $42


Again, Betsey Johnson. If this necklace were real carats, it would be like 30. Need I say more? $70


I debated whether to put this on here, as it is very similar to the other watch in this post. But I decided what the hey. It is more traditional (brown, not pink), and still goes with practically all outfits. Plus, it is blingtastic. $275



These pumps are admittedly very similar to the other shoes in this post, but perhaps more important because they are cheaper (yay!) and very Jessica Simpson-esque, a plus in my book. She must have every stacked wooden and/or cork shoe there is. I'm not really sure why she has such a high heel obsession, but I'm under the impression she's short. But we can thank her for the stacked platform trend. $20.99

I actually have this bag, and I can tell you, I rather love it. My mom says you should always get a purse that zippers close, and this doesn't, but other than that, no complaints. It's very durable, and has two compartments on the inside separated by a zippered partition (so I suppose you can put a few small valuables in there). Very cute. $16.99


I have two very funny anecdotes concerning this skirt. Firstly, please tell me I am not the only one who watches The Nanny. I watch them as reruns on Lifetime, and perhaps some of you watched the show when it was on, or now on reruns like me. Regardless, tell me this is not a skirt Fran Drescher would have worn on the show. Probably more than once. If that doesn't sell you on the skirt, I don't know what will ;] My other story: Once, at my Catholic grade school we had Catholic Schools/ Spirit Week, and every day was a wacky dress-up day. Wednesday was like weird clothing day or something so me and one of my best friends Yesenia wore like really short skirts over pants and like toes socks and sandals or something like that (OMG, remember when toe socks were popular?!?!). Anyways, when my dad came to pick me up, he looked at us and said, "What is it, Hoochie Skirt Wednesday?" LOL. I will never forget that, but this skirt would definitely qualify as a Hoochie Skirt Wednesday skirt. $48


These jeans are super skintight, that is my first impression. but as they are leopard and gray, which I can appreciate because gray jeans are trendy now. So, ergo, these jeans make the post. $68



If there were a version of Hoochie Skirt Wednesday for tops, this would make the list. I am not sure what Urban Outfitters aversion to tight clothes is of late, but whatever works. This cardigan is still cute, even if I could only fit one boob in it. $58

1 Comments:

Blogger Boogs said...

I'm glad to see someone else also likes leopard print. Great pieces!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home