Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Monday!

Let's see, one of my favorite topics! MUSIC! I never realized how much of a music fan I am until recently.... but I really like it and it's helpful when you're bored or tired or trying to drown out all the other sounds of people talking in the car. Not that I have any idea what that's like or if it works =)They are sort of a poor reflection of me, as 3/5 songs are rap, and while I like rap, these aren't necessarily my favorite songs. They are the top five played songs because back when I did not have 2209 songs I played the same songs over and over and these were pretty much it.

1. Right Thurr by Chingy. This song was like on NOW 14 and when I was just getting into rap. It's pretty pop-y for a rap song. I just like the beginning, where it's like "Uh, hey dirty, (what?)Look at that girl right there (oh)She make me say Ooh, ooh, (yeah) ooh, ooh, (hey) do what you do". Mmkay?

2. That's Dirty by Dirty. This song was actually in Malibu's Most Wanted (a severely under appreciated movie if you ask me, it's actually pretty funny). It's like in this dance party scene and all you really hear in the movie is "There was a lot of big pimpin', Cadillacs and women...". So of course I had to get it. Because that is how I roll. Word.

3. We Fly High by Jim Jones. This song made the phrase "Ballin'" popular. I really have no idea how it got played so much.

4. Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy. I like FOB. They're alternative by the way, not rap. And when this song came out I went through an alternative/rock phase, and now I like both that and rap. Uhm the only lyric that stands out from this song though, is "Wishing to be the friction in your jeans". I know, scandalous!

5. It's Goin' Down by Nitti. More rap. I just like the opening line, "This is a Nitti beat".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home