Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a good one today =)

So the question was, if I could be any character from a book, which would I be? Of course I could baaarrreeeeellllyyy narrow it down to two. But the first protagonist that came to mind was Scarlett O' Hara. First of all, veerryy good book. Highly recommended and you can probably get over the length, I did! Scarlett is very attractive and has many gentlemen callers. She has all the dresses you could want and a nice big manor. She lives in the South, which I have always wanted to do for some reason. And yet, Scarlett also gets suckered into the wrong marriage because the man she truly loves marries his cousin and she never gets to be with him. And she goes through multiple marriages in the book, and her manor is overrun by Yankees and they get run out of town. And her daughter and parents die and at the end she is left alone. So her whole life isn't great and I can't say I'd want all the aspects of Scarlett, just certain aspects. But then again you can't have everything. $13.60


I also wouldn't mind being Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girls. It's actually pretty terrible, but I like that she has a huge apartment in NYC and shops at all these expensive stores like Bergdoff Goodman's, and she's very pretty. I even like that she has a bit of an attitude even if I do think they take it too far on the show, she's not that mean. Although, to be fair, I wouldn't mind being Serena either, she's nice, rich, and pretty, plus, as a perk, she gets to go out with Dan! Just my nerdy and poetry writing type! =) $10.99
And lastly, feel free to put in the comments section who you would be!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite protagonists are the "fat girl who gets the guy". Example, Benny from Maeve Binchy's Circle of Friends (book and movie) and movies like Baby Cakes(Rose) and Hairspray (Tracy Turnblad), Ricki Lake versions.

10:24 PM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

Oh my gosh lola, I totally love it when the fat girl gets the guy! I can't believe someone else saw babycakes, I used to watch that on late night tv!

9:03 AM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

Character in a book, well I have always been fascinated with Alice In Wonderland. So I wouldn't mind a day in her shoes.

9:05 AM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice that all your protagonists are superficial and spoiled women. Maybe you should look in the direction of Saint Mother Teresa, Barbara Bush, or Rosa Parks. From the celebrity set, I do like Ricki Lake, Queen Latifa, and Elizabeth Hasselback. It also wouldn't hurt to look into the direction of a few men, such as John Wooden, Jim Valvano, or President Reagan. If you are just limiting yourself to fictional characters, you can't go wrong with Quincy, June Cleaver, or Marion Cunningham. Signed, not your dad, but possibly Jesse "The Body" Ventura or Rogie Vachon, and definitely not Angelina Jolie.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very had to know who you are saying you would be as a fictional character. I only figured it out when I asked you , and found that you are suggesting who I should be (Quincy, June Cleaver, or Marion Cunningham), not who you would be. Also, I doubt anyone knows who Jim Valvano, Quincy, Marion Cunningham, or Rogie Vachon are. Signed, not your daughter.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a nice picture of you. Primarily, of course, because you are a lovely young lady, but also due to the fact that the photographer must have been highly skilled. Signed, Another Person with Mad Photog Skills, Yo.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home