Monday, July 21, 2008

I Hope You All Didn't Miss Me TOO Much! =)

So orientation at SU was fabulous. I had a lot of fun.

Today's topic is Cute!Fashionable!Affordable! Jewelry! One of my very favorite topics that I could go on and on about!

I really tried to limit myself to one or two pieces per category (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings). I only have one pair of earrings here because, let's face it, they're a bit pricey. But this is the most expensive item on the list (promise!), and it's handmade, and they're just so cute! These earrings have a little red flower and a miniature "post card" that says I love you. Just too cute for words. $17.50


Apparently I am in a very playful mood today. This necklace is from Urban Outfitters and it's the "He Loves Me" necklace, as in "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not". But instead of a daisy you have a necklace with a little spinner! Quite a conversation starter if you ask me! $12.99


While perusing Forever 21, I happened upon this necklace . Brief side note: if you want just one website to go to for cheap and fashionable jewelry, I would suggest Forever 21, hands down! They divide their enormous (!) jewelry collection into necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings. I had a really hard time picking just one item from them. And while I was looking through the necklaces, I kept seeing all these charms, and I remember thinking, "I wonder if they have a fortune cookie necklace?". And low and behold, they did! Talk about coincidences! $6.90

Gotta admit, not much of a bracelet person. Especially since I moved to Washington, often I am wearing a long sleeved shirt or jacket, and so you can't even see my bracelets. But, I liked these. I like the pink and burgundy color scheme and the fact that it looks a little middle eastern-y or Indian inspired. These are simple, and could go with a lot. $6.99


Ok, bracelets, not my fave. But rings have always been my favorite. (Then it's earrings, and then necklaces.) But I digress. I had this one ring that my parents gave me one Valentine's Day that I wore from 3rd to 8th grade every day. And they gave me this beautiful Quartz and white gold ring that also has small real diamonds on the side for my 18th birthday that I've worn every day since then. I just really love rings, the blingier the better! As you will see by these two rings. They are both from Forever 21. I like that this one is a set, and kinda resembles an engagement set. (Fyi: I am also a little wedding obsessed. I have a favorites folder dedicated to weddings, and InStyle Weddings in my magazine rack. I even bought a replica Jessica Simpson wedding set in the height of her Newlyweds fame, when I was obsessed with that show. I was so angry when it went on sale for $25 and I had paid $50). $5.80

So this ring actually kinda looks like my 18th birthday ring. Except my large quartz stone is more oval than round and there are four diamond specks on each side. But close enough. And muuuccchhh cheaper. $4.80

Thanks for this question, Library daisy ;) ! I hope that somewhat answered it. Also, I just have four words for you : NEW SEASON PROJECT RUNWAY!! (I'd been dying to tell you that since you arrived at work, but we were both so busy. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Boogs said...

I hope to read about your SU orientation! Hope it went well.:)

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wedding rings are the only jewelry I wear. I don't even wear a watch. I liked the bangles but I could never find bangles that fit my hands. Jessica Simpson shouldn't do a wedding line of anything.

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your choice in jewelry--especially the earrings and necklaces--they seem fun and whimsical! The girls and I are looking forward to the jewelry party your mom will be hosting and I'm hoping Uncle Scott will be in a giving mood and buy me a lot!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(In my best Ricky Ricardo Cuban accent) "Lucy, you have some explaining to do..."

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog summarizing your SU Orientation is a perfect idea. Bravo, Boogs. Take note, Blogmaster.

Aunt Lola, I will go one step further and say that Jessica Simpson should not be associated with or provide advice on any subject matter. Anyone who buys $7000 sheets, $2000 chonies, appeared in the Dukes of Hazzard Movie, or has ridden on the Nick Lachey, John Mayer, and Tony Romo merry go round should slip into seclusion and never be heard from again.

Aunt Lennie and Uncle Escott, just make sure you budget for Hot Dogs, peanuts, and cracker jack when deciding on your jewelry purchases. Escott, you need to work on that Cuban accent. It sounded a little forced (and Puerto Rican) from here. Just Kidding!

Signed, not your dad, but possibly someone who just happened upon your blog and was so captivated by it that he couldn't stop reading...or not.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Ok, I'm a moron! I just realized you click on the price to find the shopping source! Der!
Love everything you picked! Too cute! You should be like Kardashian, a professional shopper for the stars!
By the way, the white handbag you helped me find is on its way! Can't wait!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Awwwww.....I wanna be at the jewelry party. Is there any catalog handouts?

7:55 PM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

Love,Love,Love the jewelry. Forever 21 and Target are great places to get affordable, fun jewelry. A fun website to try is etsy.com. All of the items are hand-crafted and their are some great prices. I love the Urban outfitters necklace, I can't believe any item there is below $20.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Well actually, Jessica Simpson did not do her own line, it was from this website this does imitation wedding ring and engagement rings of the stars (emitations.com).

I hope Uncle Scott is in a giving mood too Aunt Lennie! =)

A blog summarizing my SU trip is on its way. And to be fair to Jessica Simpson the underwear (chonies) were only $750, not $2000. But still too much I agree. And what's wrong with Nick Lacey?! =)

Sorry boogs! Maybe I should have mentioned that you can see where the item comes from by clicking on the price?! And thank you, that is the best compliment I have recieved all day! I would love to be a personal shopper for the stars =) And I'm so glad you got the white handbag! I hope you like it. And yes, I will get back to you on the jewelry party/handout.

I'm glad you liked the jewelry! I love etsy! The earrings are from that website! And I know, it is rare to find something from Urban Outfitters under $20, but I only peruse the sale rack so sometimes you get lucky =)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home