Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I just discovered...

The button where you can add multiple pictures instead of having to do them one at time. I am a dork. Anyways! Stores! My Favorites!


Ok, so the other day I was thinking about this (and I mean really thinking about it, and this was before I even remembered I was doing a top favorite store post) and I have determined that I could go through life only shopping at Target and Old Navy and be perfectly content and set. Fo reals. Because really? Target has everything. They have all the things I like to buy, like clothes (which have gotten better over the years), jewelry, purses, shoes, books, DVDs, iTunes cards, magazines, food, make-up and office supplies (tell me I did not just mentally go through our local Renton Target and put all my regularly visited sections in the order I visit them. See I told you I visit Target a lot. Or Tarjay as it is frequently heard.) So really, I would never have to shop anywhere else. And they even have stuff I don't need now but may need in the future (whether near or not) like Kitchen Utensils and Kitchen Appliances! Towels! Bedding! Garden Supplies! Exercise Equipment! Camping Supplies! Pet Stuff! Paper Towels and Cleaning Supplies in General! Anything from the Automotive department! It really is like one stop shopping! And their prices are so cheap! OMG, so this lady got paid by this one blogging company to, well.... you'll hear next week, I don't wanna spoil the surprise. But anyhoot. I would so blog about shopping only at Target for a year if someone paid me ( or I might actually even do that for free, which is the sad thing).

So obviously Target is my favorite store, number one. But coming in at a close second is Old Navy. There are days when my entire outfit is Old Navy (and some days it's entirely Target, see what I mean?). Because, while Target is great for pretty much everything, their clothing section is still a touch limited. So for when I want something different I head to Old Navy. And they fulfill a lot of my needs. They are cheap and fit within my budget. They have my size widely available. And they are trendy, which for me, is a good thing. And everything comes in a wide variety of colors. And did I mention cheap? Especially when you are lucky enough to get stuff on sale, then it's like super cheap. I just love them.

I have to admit that any stores besides Target and Old Navy are not nearly in the same stratosphere, but I was asked for five stores and I feel these next three stores should at least get honorable mentions. H & M is a great clothing and accessories store that is mostly available in Europe (the above picture was taken by yours truly in Amsterdam. Where H & M's are practically like Starbucks here and I had to go in every.single.one.), the East Coast, and California, but like in the obscure and ritzy parts. But, oh happy day, they are putting in three (three!) H & M's in the Seattle area (one in the mall nearby and two in Seattle) and I am so excited! The new H & M opens along with the new side of the mall on the 25th of July and I am very very very excited and will most def be there for opening day. My only lament over H & M is that they do not have very large sizes, so mostly I (of the larger sizes) go for the accessories, which are like Forever 21-ish prices.

Another store I like is Fuego, which is only in the Washington area as far as I know. The closest one is in the Auburn Supermall I believe (or Alderwood may be closer, I have no idea). Anyways, Fuego has mostly jewelry, accessories, scarves, headbands, books , stationary and some toys. It's just really kitchty (is that a word?) and unique and you know if you get something there not everyone will have it. Prices are moderate, but they have good sales if you manage to catch them.

Lastly, I have to throw out a thumbs up to Urban Outfitters. I will say that their clothes are on the small side and they are kind of overpriced and I only go there for accessories and shoes which are also overpriced. So really I have no idea why I like this store, but I really really do. You should just check out their website and see.

Honorable mentions also to Sephora and Ulta (both make-up stores) and Barnes and Noble and Borders.

So you all, I will be gone for the next two days at Seattle U's orientation (so will my dad, unfortunately for you all and for me haha), and then I don't blog on the weekends, so the next time you will hear from me is Monday, the 21st. But in the meantime, leave me lots and lots (and lots) of comments! Feel free to contribute to the favorite song or movie posts if you haven't already, and leave comments for your favorite stores here!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My absolutely favorite store in the world is Harrods in London. It has everything. My favorite sections are the food court which houses Morelli's gelato and the gift section in the basement where you can find cheap Harrods brand items. I also love the fact that Princess Diana shopped there at one time. I don't really have any other favorite stores but I am addicted to online shopping if that counts. Ebay Uk and Amazon Uk are my favorites to get hard to find foreign movies and magazines. It is more expensive because it takes two american dollars to equal a british pound and then there is international shipping. I love online shopping because I don't have to fight a crowd, deal with rude salespeople, or drive to and fro when I do enough driving during the week commuting to my job. I can shop while in my pajamas or take my time and shop at odd hours which I have done when I have insomnia. Ally, I did see and go into the H & M in London.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop shopping! Save some money. Here's my top five list of where to put your money.
1. Wells Fargo Bank.
2. Boeing Employee Credit Union.
3. Charles Schwab.
4. 401k plan.
5. Under a mattress.
Signed, not your dad, but possibly Randy Mantooth or the Undercover Brother, but definitely not Jim J. Bullock.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just wanted to wish you good luck at your college orientation! Let us know how it all turned out! And whatever you do, don't join the streakers!!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever happened to the queen of blogging? Nothing new since early last week. Has the well run dry?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

1. Target
Although it is not my first pick for clothes/shoes shopping....it is for EVERYTHING ELSE!
2. Forever 21
I love how its always overloaded for its space. And in no real organized layout. Like shopping in a rummage sale. (which is half of the fun!)You'll never know what you'll find! Casual, evening, sporty, or accessories. I get it all and for such great prices! No one has more of a variety of cuter, unique clothes that constantly change each week.
3. Big Lots!
I always keep this store in the back of my mind for necessity items. It is sometimes my "let me see if Big Lots has it cheaper" store, before heading to Target.
4. Noteable Mention to Walmart.
I love how I can send a money gram, buy the Sunday paper, get household items, beauty items, and maybe grab a $6 shirt, while eating a McDonald's hamburger! No where else!
I also LOVE any store that's consumer friendly. Stores with concession areas, resting areas, and lively music. Stores that say "Hey, stay a while, have a cookie." Like Barnes and Noble, Ikea, even VONS!
And yes Lola..........the legendary Harrods of London was awesome! The only store I'll ever have stepped in along with Royals. But I have to say I was a bit more awe struck with Galeries Lafayette in Paris. Europe's largest dept. store. You can't beat that early-1900's stained glass ceiling dome!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang...you missed the big 75% off sale at old navy last week. it was mad crazy.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home