Monday, July 14, 2008

Music and iTunes part Deux

My iPod, $299.99

You guys are all in for a treat, obviously, because I am going to Orientation for SU later this week, (Thursday and Friday), so I've decided to do three posts today instead of one. All music related, but then again, who doesn't like music?

So now for my list of Recently Added Songs. I feel they represent me more, and at least are more current than my Most Played Songs.

1. Take a Chance on Me by ABBA. Ok, hear me out, I know that they are not from my era. And I'm pretty sure some people find them annoying. BUT. I heard this song in Get Smart (Good movie! Go see it.) and then I promptly downloaded it to iTunes. And it is just so.darn.catchy. I can't even stand it. I dare you not to bounce along to the music and sing along! =)

2. Thizzle Dance by Mac Dre. More rap. I was recommended this song via MySpace by someone who dances to rap all the time. It's not too bad of a song.

3. Nuthin' But a G Thang by Dr. Dre and heavily featuring Snoop Dogg. Ok, so for those of you who don't like rap, I understand, but you might like this. It's definitely more old school rap with more prominent and meaningful lyrics. This is actually kind of a popular song and I first heard it in the movie Without a Paddle, and while it intrigued me, it's not as good being rapped by three nerdy white guys than by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. I like it too because somewhere randomly in the song they go "City of Compton!" and also mention Long Beach.

4. Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg. I hear this played a lot along with Nuthin' But a G Thang on our local rap station and it's also pretty old school.

5. Who I Am by Jessica Andrews. Country, actually. This is a newly explored music genre and I always swore up and down that I would never like country, but now I kinda do. Granted I mostly like the country that could practically be considered pop music, like Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, and some Tim McGraw and some other people. But this song is really good. It was actually pretty popular awhile ago, and is sorta old but good. You may have heard it, it's the one that goes "I am Rosemary's granddaughter The spitting image of my father And when the day is done my momma's still my biggest fan".

6. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. This song is also good, sooo cute and sweet, and kinda makes me wanna cry. It's to his daughters, and all the words really resonate with me. You should all read the lyrics, they're great!

2 Comments:

Blogger gives the nicknames... said...

haha. i like how 2 of these were on my slideshow yesterday.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Bahahaha "gives the nicknames". =) Yes they were on your slideshow. I've heard the one song before though,but not the Tim McGraw one. I also berated my dad on the way home (besides having me leave before the sunset) on not having a slideshow for me. So feel special. Even though I know you already do =)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home