Sunday, January 02, 2011

I didn't love it, I was just indifferent

--As said by one of my new favorite bloggers, indifference was a major theme in 2010. Or as an unnamed but totally awesome friend said, 2010 was a kick in the ba... er basketball shorts. I hope that 2011 will be better and different.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of absolutely great things happened: My brother turned 10, I got a new car, I finished my second year of college, I got a new (better) working computer, I had/have the chance to RA for two amazing floors, I found long lasting friends who have stood with me through it all, and I turned 21. That was all great.

But through it all there was an undercurrent of something isn't right. Around August, I would show up in the Bell lobby and Abeni, ever observant and truthful, would say, "you look sooo happy to be here". Sarcasm, of course, because I often had this face going on like I just sucked on a lemon. What can I say, I am a terrible liar, and my emotions are always betrayed by my face. There were times that I wasn't happy to be wherever it was in life that I was.

But instead of bemoaning life and it's existence, I am going to try some changing. If we all thought 2010 was a year of change, I don't think any of us were ready for what 2011 will bring.

It wouldn't be the New Year without some resolutions:
-Lay out the next day's outfit the night before so it looks like I actually tried
- Frame Keep Calm Carry On Poster
- Go to Jollybee
- Learn how to French Braid
- Wear earrings every day
- Use iCal
- Moisturize on the reg
- Straighten hair more often
- Paint Nails every week
- Keep up with better skin care routine
- Get a new comforter
- Keep door open more often
- Take more pictures
- Remember early is on time (I used to be the early girl all the time, and now all of a sudden I am the girl who is constantly ten minutes late. I need to return to my roots)
- Stop apologizing so often
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Drink more water
- SAVE MONEY

Photographic evidence that my brother is more photogenic (and darker) than his sister

Happy New Year!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Jollybee?

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

How much more can you straighten your hair? I hear that your parents are tired of picking hairs up off of their bathroom floors...

8:34 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Jollybee is a Philipino Fried Chicken place in Southcenter. And I only straighten my hair every three days, and I want to bump it up to every day. And it doesn't matter about my shedding because I am no longer at home. So pfft.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Not Your Conscience said...

If something "just isn't right", you may want to go back to your faith. I hear that your school has masses at 11:00 am and 9:00 pm on Sundays...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Your New Year's Resolution is seriously my life story! I love how they're simple, but they're so important. As in, you don't have "Save the whole world" written down. You've got you. Taking care of yourself. I should definitely do that more often. Especially moisturize. Just all of the above. I should get more confidence also. It's on my list. Great post and blog! Are you in ENG 391? I can't remember after one day of class, but I came across your blog at the SU blog. Hope to keep in touch!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Haha thanks Ray. I realized now that my resolutions sound a little self-centered, but I can't help anyone if I don't help myself first (confidence etc.) I am definitely in Eng 391! So I'll see you Monday! =)

1:26 AM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I love your list.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home