Sunday, March 07, 2010

This One's For You, Andrew Martin
















Today, March 7th, is my brother Andrew's 10th Birthday Party. Everyone knows the day of the party is pretty much more important than the actual day, so that's why I'm posting about it today.












Occasionally, we get along like this. But only when we are surrounded by presents. Jk...













Actually, our relationship is more representative of this. We tell each other secrets.














And make ugly faces at each other.















Or he ignores me.








This is what one of his past birthdays looked like. Notice the collection of stuffies. And the fact that he has taken over my bed.




















Words cannot explain.













Andrew is the prince of our family, and rightfully so.













This is his first communion suit. He's pimpin' like an OG.









Andrew is also very masterful with his facial expressions.


I went into this photo montage trying only to pick my favorites.



Unfortunately for me, there were a lot to choose from and Andrew is characteristically photogenic.



















And cute.


And formerly tiny.



And occasionally muscle-y.







And sometimes he's a snot.



But I love him.























Dearest Baby Brother,






I can't believe ten years ago tomorrow I became a big sister. I can't even remember what I was with doing with my life before you were born. Oh that's right, I went to Hawaii. Sorry! But all kidding aside, I am really glad you are in my life and God could not have blessed me with a more spunky, lively, active, humorous, caring, mischievous, curious, lazy, loving, handsome, one of a kind boy for a brother. I can't wait to see what you make of life when you get older, but for now, stop growing so fast! I remember when you were a baby, scooting out of your carrier; a toddler jumping off the hallway cabinets; a kindergartner making new friends; and now you're a big fourth grader learning cursive and playing video games and thriving in boy scouts. I know we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like when I'm at college, but know that I'm always thinking about you and loving you, more than you'll ever know. Have fun on your special day, and wear a helmet when you skate!






Love your big sister,






Dat Allyee

5 Comments:

Anonymous Uncle Scott said...

Wow! I'm not one to usually comment on this site, but well done Ally! I know you had an easy subject to draw inspiration from, but this was very well written and graphically explained. With all that said, it still doesn't stop me from wanting to give him a kick in the butt...;-).
Happy Birthday Moochie!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Awwwww. I'm gonna cry. The Boy is lucky to have a big sister like you! I'm printing this one out and saving it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW! Hope you enjoy your special day! Hugs and kisses! :)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I like the ugly faces picture the best. I also miss Andrew when he was little because he had such an attitude. Happy Birthday Andrew Martin Van Ingen (aka "Bestest Swimmer")

2:27 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Ally, that was really heartfelt!! What a neat way to pay tribute to your brother. I hope he had a fun birthday.
I love you both. You'll always be Boo-Boo and Moochie to me.

5:14 PM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

Who took those fine pictures. They look professionally taken. Did you have to use them with express written permission?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home