Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Meet My Baby!

Baby is a 2010 gunmetal gray Toyota Corolla. I leased her on Good Friday. I paid for her all by myself. All By Myself. She is her mommy's new love and every time before I get in I inspect her for scratches.

That's right, she's a girl. At first I thought she was a boy, because of her gunmetal gray color. But now that I have driven her, I know she's a girl. A really tough girl (but definitely a girl car who likes boy cars, but also an independent girl).

So herein lies the contest! I want to name my car! But here's the thing... I only have two prizes. So instead of going the traditional way of having you all vote on which name choice you like the best, I've done something else instead. I will give you the name options, and the clincher is I have already chosen the name and middle name I want (her last name is van Ingen). And since I am limited to two prizes, the two people who guess the correct names I have picked will be the winners. The way you pick a name is that you pick a name and once it's picked that name is out. You will leave your choice in the form of a comment with your name. Essentially this is like a game of "pick the number 1-10" except it's with names and there are two correct answers.

Here are the name choices:
  • Lila (F)
  • Logan (M)
  • Reginald (M)
  • Buttercup (F)
  • Emma (F)
  • Rosalie (F)
  • Augustin (M)

Just because a name is male does not mean it is not in the running because a) my baby is a strong woman, b) I once thought she was a boy, and c) some of these names are unisex to me.

Feel free to nominate your own name suggestions, you probably won't win a prize but you might get an honorable mention for creativity.

If you choose her first name, you will get a handmade tote bag (that I made) with "Grab My Notebook" on the front and a word scrimmage travel book.

If you pick her middle name, you will get a different travel book involving different words.

Comments will be accepted until 9 pm Wedenesday night, and the winner will (hopefully) be announced by 10 pm.

And don't forget to email me referrals!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Not Jealous or Maddy said...

Emma Logan?

12:28 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Pick one name =)
P.S- Like your title

12:35 AM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Rosalie Buttercup?

6:07 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Lila?
By the way, you look great next to her!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

I'm going with, "Not Your Car". To be honest, that suggestion was given to me by my better half.

4:00 PM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

I'm making a one time return to your blog just for this contest. I suggest that you name your car, either the "Silver Bullet" or the "People's Car". If I must pick one of the names that you suggested, I would go with "Buttercup" due to it's significance in the nearly Oscar award winning movie, "The Princess Bride". It would be "Inconceivable" to pick any other name. Only a man with six fingers on his left hand would go with another name. However, choose one "as you wish".

4:35 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

You should name it "Death Machine".

Sorry. I'm a lifelong hater of Toyota...and with the stuff that's been happening, it just made it worse.

I know I'm going to get a lot flak for this, lol.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I'm with you MaidenMeeshie! Let's hope there's no problems with the accelerator. We want our Ally to be safe...

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Stephen said...

Just to put your minds at ease, Toyota was required to rework all models in stock after a fix was attained, so Ally's car has been through the recall repair process before she took ownership. Furthermore, none of these problems ever happened in Washington. It only happened in very hot and humid areas...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Don't worry that's the first question me and my concerned mother asked. They fixed every accelorator on the lot before they sold any, and they said that the accelorator problem was only happening in humid states, which is pretty much the opposite of the Pacific Northwest.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home