Monday, March 01, 2010

Friend Profile

It has occurred to me that I am often dropping names of my friends on this blog, but some of you may have no idea who these people are. So without further ado, here are probably the top three people I mention.

This is Courtney. She is from Portland, Oregon. I met her last year, she was my neighbor. Now we are very close, and she also happens to be my RA partner so we live on the same floor again. She is very ecological, and she's the one who is always unplugging my phone charger. She is a history and women's studies major and wants to be a lawyer. She likes vintage things, home furnishings, Marilyn Monroe, the presidents, dresses, wearing tights, and shoes. We like to shop together and watch reality TV shows and crime shows together.

This is Lisa. She is a vegan from Fort Collins, Colorado. I met her at school last year as well, we both lived on Bell 5. And she was my neighbor until February. She is a photography major, and I am quite impressed with her work. I am also quite jealy that she went on a driving tour of much of the south this past summer, because that is pretty much my dream. She LOVES baseball and her cat Smokey, and she likes Toy Story, and comfy tennis shoes, and band t-shirts. Music also, but especially band t-shirts. We like to watch Golden Girls and eat cheesecake together.

This is Maddy. She is my former roommate from Northern California. We met last year through Courtney and we also had the same Biology class. She lived in the same building as me last year, but not on the same floor. She is a Marketing major. She likes coupons, fresh food, puppies, and Billy Blanks. We like to eat Thai food together and watch Spice World.
Other Noteworthy people who I might also mention: (be thankful you don't get photo, because I'm pretty sure the other three are going to have somethin to say)...
Tara! Tara is Lisa's roommate and we are two of the only people I know to openly admit to liking Twilight (that which will not be named to Lisa, as well as mentioning HP). She likes musicals and dancing. We enjoy playing N64 in her room along with the rest of the gang.
Alyssa! Alyssa lives in the same building as Lisa, Tara, and Maddy and is from Tennessee. Jealy! She also has a very impressive camera and gets to work at our school's basketball games.
Abeni! Abeni is my former boss and primary thai food partner. Occasionally we branch out and get pancakes.
Keith! Keith and I play Mario Party, and mostly I lose, and then I still give him free food anyways. What a nice friend I am.
Alright, so now you will have a clear picture when I say things like Lisa the vegan or Courtney the ecologically concerned one, etc.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Stephen van Ingen said...

I have met all of these people, and, although I don't agree with all of their ideologies (except for one, who will go unnamed...Maddie), I must say that they are all good people and very good friends of Alexandra. Others should be "Jelly" of her since she is surrounded by these fine people.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

What a great group of people!! It sounds like they will be your friends long after you leave from college. In that regard, you're a very lucky girl, Ally.

5:09 PM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

Great to see the fine comments from Ally's dad. I never get tired of reading his stuff. I wish that he'd comment more often. That being said, I've got a few comments/questions of my own. First of all, what does "Women's Studies" involve? Is there an equivalent "Men's Studies" major? The Vegan lifestyle seems to be a lot of work. I have a hard enough time looking at the lables for fat content, dietary fiber, and calories. I couldn't do it. You forgot to mention two of Maddy's finest attributes, being on the very short list of Republicans at SU and being on the even shorter list of Ronald Reagan fans. Yes, I too, am on both lists. Let me give a final shout out to Tara, Alyssa, and Keith. They are being treated like the Professor and Mary Ann in the first year of Gilligan's Island. Let's see some pictures! I hear that your brother is a big fan of Keith...

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Not Your Mom said...

I am peanut butter and JEALY of you girl!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous queen of stealth said...

I remeber when I was the number one person mentioned, now I didn't even get an honorable mention. :(

5:43 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I'm very pleased to meet them! It's nice to put a face with a name now. Although, I do recognize some of them from past posted photos. They look and sound like great people!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Ally, I am so "jeally" of all your wonderful friends.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous the vegan said...

So many wonderful people and very forgiving friends who will maybe overlook your error of judgement when you played The Fray on radio broadcast even though I was listening. Really Ally? REALLY?

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Used2Byourroommate said...

Super Republican up in this comment section! That being said you forgot to mention that my favorite color is American flag, but other than that your description was spot-on... even the part about me not liking the photo.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Hey Hey Hey, let's keep the comments nice!

2:20 PM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

Good Call, Blogmaster!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous The ecological one said...

speaking of which we haven't watched any crime shows together in a while. Friday night? I'm on duty!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home