Monday, December 08, 2008

Last night I took a walk in the snow, Couples holding hands places to go*

OK, so a couple of things. First of all, yes I know, it has been awhile. Thank you Internet, but I have to say that college comes first, thankyouverymuch. Even though, truth be told, I would drop out of school right now if I knew I could make millions just blogging. But since we all know that'll never happen, it's neither here nor there.
Second, I like the idea of titling blogs with song lyrics. But so I do not get in trouble for copying or plagiarism, I will tell you that the last title was "A Place in This World" by Taylor Swift.
Can I just say though? I LOVEEEEEE the Christmas season! I love that we get out of school for the occasion (hate the finals. But this blog entry is only a momentary study break, I promise. 'Kay mom and dad?=). I love that we get to decorate a bunch and that we get a piece of chocolate each day from the advent calendar. (Please tell me you all have advent calendars? My dear roommate Lyndsie's mom bought me one, and it's a tradition for me to have one every year. Please do yourself a favor if you don't have one and go buy one, they are only $0.99 at Trader Joe's!). I love giving and receiving presents (and this year's gifts will have an extra special touch because I have a feeling many will be homemade, a silver lining thanks to this economy I guess depending on how you look at it). And I love baby Jesus of course! =)
And in keeping with our holiday theme, Christmas (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus, etc.) gifts! From the MOMA (MOdern Museum of Art) store!



This, my friends, is a clock. A clock based on the rotation of the earth. Each dash between the numbers represents 15 minutes. How clever! $25

An eraser! I love office supplies. And I love that the sole reason behind this funky shaped eraser is that with 24 sharp corners/points, you will always have a precise corner to erase a persnickety line or smudge or small area. And it lets me use the word persnickety. $3

I've featured this ring before, from a different website, but with a tinge of disappointment because it only came in one size, 7. Now I can rejoice because on this website it comes in sixes 6-8! $65

But most of all, I love this ring. I love that it looks like a wedding ring, but it's acrylic so it makes it casual. I love that it's clear so it resembles bling more. I apparently love a lot of things today. $12
*Your song entitle is brought to you by the one and only Britney Spears, from her song entitled "My Only Wish this Year", one of the best and under appreciated Christmas songs. Thought bubble! What if all my titles for the Christmas season were Christmas songs?! Oh glee. And as a side note, how much better is Britney getting? I watched her video "Lucky" from decades past (not really, maybe like one decade ago, from her first CD) and that was definitely a different and better time, dark chola lip liner nonwithstanding. But considering Britney made a solid attempt but ultimately hit and missed with her last CD Blackout, I think Circus is a good comeback. I particularly love the songs "Circus", "Womanizer", "If U Seek Amy", "Kill the Lights", and "Leather and Lace". I generally like the CD as a whole, and recommend it. I can even burn it for ya if you want =)
Love to you all! I hope to write more in the upcoming weeks since I'll be on break.
JUST ONE MORE THING! If any of you are stumped for gifts to give this holiday season, Never Too Much of a Good Thing is still on sale at blurb.com!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually put that bow ring on my christmas list.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I don't know about spending $3 on an eraser. Why don't you buy an eraser at Walmart and then spend the money you saved getting a footlong chilli cheese dog at Weinerschnitzel? They are yummy!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas Season too! Speaking of chocolate...I like getting boxes of See's candy this time of year because the candy is always so fresh! Since the boxes just fly off the shelves, they constantly have to replace them so the chocolate always seems like it was just made!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Your back!! I've missed you! I know, I know.......school first. :) So I must go out to Trader Joe's and check out this advent calendar. Never heard of it, but for 99 cents......what the hell. I liked all your featured items. I remember when you posted the sight for that rope tie ring. I liked it then! OMG, I love that song "My only wish this year" too! Its one of my favorites on my Barbara Streisand Christmas album. So you gave thumbs up to Britney's album? Ok, I'll check it out. Good Luck on finals!! I myself just came home from taking mine in Human Relations in Business. I'm happy to say I don't go back to school til Feb. YEAAAAA! I can't wait to see all of you when you come down for Christmas! We've missed you guys!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home