Friday, September 12, 2008

Ask, and you shall recieve (This time, It's NOT a political post)

As I was looking for items to feature in my election/voting post, I happened upon this website, Knot2Much2Ask. It's jewelry (here is where the light bulbs begin to go off), but with a message.

They have created these bracelets called "ask for" bracelets. They are modeled like the one above with a silver or 14k gold plaque and string, and they say inspiring things, like (my top 3): "ask for courage", "ask for everything", and "ask for laughter".

They also have the specific one above, as a tribute to Barack Obama. It's an "ask for change" bracelet, 25% of proceeds go to the Barack Obama campaign, and it's $35 cheaper than the others. I am so game. Except for the fact that I'm afraid if I buy this, I'm committing to Obama, and I'm still undecided. Unless I donate $12.50 to McCain as well, to level the playing field. $50

Other notable pieces of jewelry are the "good cheer bangles" (I like the salud, dinero, amor version) and the "principessa" necklace. Check out the website!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated but I just happen to stop in a Walgreens after work today and they had their fabulous BOGO sale on Maybelline (foundations, powders, some Dream matte blushes or was it eyeshadows?). Oh, I just love a sale on makeup.

Also, I saw some new OPI shades in a magazine but didn't want to buy them at $8 a pop so I bought some WetN"Wild nailpolish in similar colors:Temptress, Eggplant Frost, and Burgundy Frost.

Ok, bye.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Like the sight. Nice simple pieces. I like the Why Knot ring!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I love BOGO (for anything really, payless shoes, make-up, etc.)! And I like Opi's new french inspired collection, which is prob the one you are talking about. But like you, I don't want to pay 8 bucks for nail polish (or even a meal, so for nail polish its redic, who do they think they are?) So I will hafta look at the colors you mentioned. And I love love the why not ring too! I was going to mention that as well, but I forgot and thinking on it now I feel a tad wierd writing about a 350 dollar ring, as pretty as it is.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, Kudos, once again, to e.eyre, for beginning her comment with "Totally unrelated but". I love when people swerve the blog and e.eyre is the queen of swerve. This being said, I actually have a topic related item. I will suggest to these people to create an "ask for a Republican President" bracelet. They could donate 25% of the proceeds towards educational grants for the less fortunate. The Republicans would not accept money from these thespian pinko special interest groups, but will win out in the long term because a more educated next generation will naturally vote Republican.
On a personal note, I'm sure that your dad, mom, and brother will miss you as you go off to college next Thursday. I hear that you looked very cute in your plaid jumper when you walked into Mrs. Kidwell's class for the first time just a few short years ago.
Signed,
The Old Guy

9:42 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Awwwwww.........I'm gonna cry.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ally thanks so much for writing abt our pieces and sharing it w your community. we appreciate you getting the word out. we support obama and our nations collective consciences toward 'change'. we think its important, whatever side youre on to be registered to vote. it matters. pass it on! thanks again.

best,

helen
www.knot2much2ask.com

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home