Tuesday, September 09, 2008

She's got a body like an hourglass that's tickin' like a clock

So, my one and only concert experience of the summer (well, September 1st) was Bumbershoot. Bumbershoot is a three day concert in Seattle where bands play at different stages and there's food and rides and merch and it's basically a blast. And you do not even have to drag me anywhere they have Shishkaberries! What are Shishkaberries you ask? Well they are luscious strawberries dunked in various choclate-y combinations of yummy goodness. On.a.stick! (Hence the "shishka" part). I've certainly tried chocolate dipped strawberries, but it's something about shishkaberries that I die for every time, I dunno if it's the stick or the chocolate they use. I may very well have these at my wedding, and we *all know* what an important that event is! Except it may not look too classy to have everyone gnawing off sticks. I may just have to relent to plain chocolate dipped strawberries...

But anyways (!), I so did not mean to go off on that tangent, but then again I never do. The whole point of this post was not chocolate/berry delightfully good treats (I cannot even speak English), but in fact Paramore! Who I saw at Bumbershoot! They are a girl-led group.

This is Hayley, the main singer. I spent like a good fifteen minutes trying to find this. And it is the closest picture of this head twitch thing that she does on stage that *might* be headbanging but looks like she has Tourettes (sorry, I mean no offense. But it kinda does).

And I totally love their music. My favorite songs are Misery Business (this title's words are from that song), That's What You Get, and crushcrushcrush. I highly recommend checking them out (you can listen to their entire songs on Myspace Music). It's like rock, but the lyrics are actually sort of meaningful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I like about the Los Angeles County Fair out in podunk Pomona is the BBQ and chocolate covered strawberries. They have them in white chocolate too.

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rookie mistake mentioning food (especially if it involves chocolate or bbq meat) while trying to talk about something else. After you mentioned chocolate covered strawberries (dark chocolate, I hope), the rest of the blog may have been important, but all I heard was blah, blah, blah. Next time, mention the treats at the end of your blog...like dessert after the big meal.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE PARAMORE!!!! They are for sure my faves~!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home