Friday, September 05, 2008

Four Reasons I Liked Surf's Up

1) The little stick bird that was so obviously gay.

Mikey Abromowitz: I, am on, *so* much migraine medication you have no idea... The stress is killing me. I dunno how much longer I can last, I hafta tell you that right now!

Mikey Abromowitz: You know, I used to scout for songbirds - toucans - for this musical revue in Brazil... Now that's show business.

2) Just the sarcastic humor in general that you don't normally find in kids' movies, I was cracking up the whole time!

Lani Aliikai: Oh, crap! [runs out to save drowning penguin] Cody Maverick: Oh man, I'm in love. Chicken Joe: You should go talk to her. Cody Maverick: No way, man! Chicken Joe: Dude, she's totally into you! She called you crap!

Arnold: I'm Drowning! Arnold: [Lani saves him] Well, thanks again. Lani Aliikai: Alright, well this is the third time this week you've been unconscious. I just don't think it's very good for your brain. Arnold: I know [hugs Lani]

Chicken Joe: I'm Chicken Joe. Joseph. It's long for Joe.

3) The awesome soundtrack. Remember Lilo and Stitch? Lovely movie about a Hawaiian girl and her pet alien. Anywhoot, they had a very stereotypical Hawaiian soundtrack with ukuleles strumming and Hawaiian music playing in the back round constantly. This soundtrack, in a surprising turn of events, had a lot rock songs, which was different and cool.

4) The three little kid penguins, who I unfortunately could not find a picture of, but were very cute.

Arnold: A winner is someone who doesn't knock me off my surfboard, and break it when I'm trying to get some big waves. Especially Tank, he's definitely not a winner. Smudge: He's a dirty trash can full of poop.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen an animated film in I don't know how long. I wouldn't know of any.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Haven't seen this one. Now I want to! I LOVED Lilo & Stich! One of my top 3 favorite animations! (I like Wynonna Judd in the soundtrack!) Finally got Mike to see it recently. He liked it as well. Has anyone seen Wall-E?

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear that the soundtracks for these type of movies are getting better if they include rock songs as you mentioned. Ever since your cousins, Dulce and Cindy, have grown up, I've gotten away from watching animated films. I know The Lion King and Pocahontas were all the rage back then when they were little. The girls use to walk around the house singing, "Just around the river bend, just around the river bend...(from the Pocahontas film)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have Lilo & Stitch :)

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cars is the best animated film I've seen in a while and God knows that I've seen a million of them in the past 8 years.
Signed,
The New Guy

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home