Monday, September 15, 2008

Flawless?

So I think the advertisement industry is out to get people like me. They say "This will make your eyelashes twice as long! And as an added bonus, the tube is bright green!" or whatever and before the sentence is even over I am out buying that mascara, enchanted by the bright green (huge orange, magenta, or what may have you) bottle/tube, only to become disenchanted with the product, "What do you mean I don't have lengthened and separated eyelashes or stick straight hair or perfect skin?" Such was the same with Tresemme Flawless Curls' line of products.

I saw the commercial, claiming you could get "flawless, salon-perfect curls" for obviously less of a price. So I went out and bought the whole shebang; mousse, curl creme, and curl activator spray.

Did it give me flawless, salon perfect curls? Hardly. It may be because they intend you to use the products with blow dried hair, and I air dry mine. It may also be because my hair has taken a wavy curly side to it as opposed to a kinky curl side and so I get mixed results. Whatever it may be, I was like really? It's just that they don't work any better than the products I was using before, and sometimes I happen to have a good curl day with the products (yesterday was one), but mostly it just sort of does the job with a layer of frizz on top.

So the lesson is I guess to never trust that products will do what they say they do. And if they do work by chance, then it's just icing on the cake. $4.35

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ally, thank god you're not a business/marketing major! You'll never grow up to be one of the people behind these advertisements that convince you to buy their useless product. I say, buyer beware!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always hit or miss with products. I've sworn off alot of high end products that I used to buy and now try to find cheaper alternatives except for maybe a few I can't do without.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Hear! Hear! Besides taking a chance on buying a product to test, I rely on word of mouth. Mostly Aunti Lola's mouth. :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I sooooo know how you feel! You know how curly my hair is. Trying to find the right product to keep this mess in line is more of a pain in the butt than my hair itself!

I air dry my hair, too. Hair-dryers are not my friend. In my quest for the perfect product, I have found a near-perfect product, at least. My hair still gets slightly frizzy with it, but it's mostly tame, even shiny! It leaves very little residue (if any). It keeps my hair soft and NOT sticky or crunchy. The "near-miracle" product is Dove Curl and Sculpt Mousse. It's hard to find in the stores these days. I know Wal-Mart and Walgreens carry it. Target, unfortunately, does not :( . A few others that are almost as good as Dove is Finesse Touchables for curls mousse, Suave Healthy Curls mousse, and Sunsilk mousse for curls.

Give the Dove mousse a try and let me know what you think! Remember, get the Curl and Sculpt, not the body and lift :)

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My motto is, "When in doubt, leave it out"...of the shopping cart. Try to get free samples first to test the products out. The Estee Lauder people are usually good about providing freebies.
Signed,
The Old Guy

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home