Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Goodbye, Farewell, Auf!

When I went on my senior retreat, this girl I know wrote a letter to my friend Christi, and it said something like "I'm about to cry... now the tears are falling and my mom is looking at me weirdly". I totally commiserate, because that is sort of how I feel. Well, I'm not crying, but I may.

And I can guarantee that I will be crying tomorrow, as I leave for college and go to live at Seattle University and begin my four years of schooling there. But aside from a sort of sad time where I am going to grow up and leave my parents and my home, it's a truly exciting and new time for me where I will get to experience a lot of amazing things. So I'm happy for that.

As you can imagine, as the year builds up and my schedule fills, I will be able to write in my blog less and less, until it becomes lucky if I write once a month. But it has been a truly fun time writing every day this summer, and building a reader base, and holding my contests, and debuting Never Too Much of a Good Thing. Thank you everyone who read, and please try to hang on as I continue on my journey.

All I can ask is that everyone keep me in their prayers and think of me and send me tons of positive energy as I begin college.

I love you all so much.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ALLY!!!!! You will have a blast! Love you tons.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you are going to make me cry.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whether or not you reach your goals in life depends entirely on how well you prepare for them and how badly you want them. You're eagles! Stretch your wings and fly to the sky." - Ronald McNair

Ally, best of luck as you continue on your educational journey. May you SOAR...

5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, dahling!!

And in case you get a little homesick, you don't have that far to drive ;)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I'M GETTING VACLEMPT!
I've really enjoyed your blog this past year. I loved reading about your likes,loves,opinions,interests,and everything else, in your own creative writing style. Your truly talented and smart! Reading your blog was a great way for me to be able to watch you grow even though your miles away. I'm very excited for you tomorrow and will be thinking of you. I know you will move in smoothly and conquer your new life as you've done with everything else. And have LOADS OF FUN AND MEMORIES along the way! We're always here for you! Love you! :)

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I had the pleasure of being there when you went to your first day of preschool at St.Anthonys. Just of tidbit of information.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Love You.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home