Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

If Christmas for you means that there is snow that turns roads into ice rinks and you slide going anywhere so you're stuck in the house reading entire books at a time but before the ice and snow hit you manage to make it to the mall and spend so much money you consider selling your eggs or getting a job even if you'd have to quit in six months to intern over the summer (I'm only half serious about the selling my eggs part, and you can now all see why my biggest problems in English essays are run on sentences).

In the last week, I've been to Nordstrom twice, and once to Nordstrom rack. I am addicted to them and their practical but overpriced long sleeved shirts that come in every color color you can imagine (that's where Nordstrom Rack comes in, 9 dollars instead of 32. No joke, 32 dollars for a long sleeved shirt that probably cost a dime to make). Meanwhile, it has been so cold this week (highs in the 30's if we're lucky. Yes that's right, three zero!) that I had to dig out the three long sleeve shirts I own and actually wear them. I'm also drawn to their discounted Coach and Juicy Couture products. Juicy Couture is my new fave, I think I need to seek some therapy for it. Above, Juicy Couture Pavé Bow Ring which was $78, now $57.90.

I'm not actually sure if they sell this at Nordstrom, actually they probably sell it at Macy's since Jessica Simpson has a deal with them and is in all their commercials. But it's a rather lovely jacket, especially since I would get it in red and not this dowdy grey color. Was $219, now $159.99
*It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Perry Como

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I tried to brave the mall over the weekend. I just about had a panic attack, so I left :B . But good for you for being able to!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a jacket but a coat and it is very Kate Middleton-ish. Love it. I had to break out my own long sleeve t-shirts that I bought when I was in Washington. I am just now wearing those Steve & Barry ? t-shirts. I think I need to go get some thermals at Kmart because I am freezing.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try and stay away from the mall on weekends because of the crowds. I swear, you would never know this country was in a recession by the looks of it. Anyway, cute coat! Despite the snow and cold weather, I hope you're enjoying your time off from school.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

But don't you know grey's the new black! :)
I really like the coat! And the ring! I have to tell you about my great deal! Bought a sapphire 18 carat gold bracelet priced at $100 for $25! Used my birthday gift card from Macy's (compliments from Aunt Bobbi) so it didn't cost me a dime. Love it! Look forward to seeing you next week!!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home