Tuesday, September 02, 2008

So I fully Intended to post yesterday...

and then realized it was Labor day and I was too tired out after having a blast at Bumbershoot and decided I could use a vacation too. Haha. From my ever tiring and busy life =)


Today's topic: Back to school clothing!! Today was Andrew Martin van Ingen's first day as a third grader! All together now: "Aww"! And I believe it is a lot of kids' first day if they are of the younger sort. So today's clothing is meant to be an entire outfit... beginning with this lovely Boyfriend Cardigan, aptly named because it is big and sorta baggy and meant to look like a girl wearing her bf's clothes. May I just say, you can never have too many cardigans! Just ask Lyndsie =) They come in multiple colors and go with and over everything and they can easily be taken on or off for those chilly days that turn warm or vice versa! $39.50


Whilst perusing the only back to school shopping store I would ever need to visit, Old Navy, I happened upon this shirt. I think it's perfect; versatile, comes in a plethora of colors, floats away from the body, etc. And cheap! By the way, dear friend Lyndsie has an amazing capability to pick out Old Navy apparel on random people on the street. A talent I only wish to posses =) P.S- I like this shirt in Berry Chutney more but it didn't go with the outfit... $3.99

You gotta have at least some jewelry on! And what better way to make a statement than this necklace, that says "Save the Whales" on the little heart? After all, conservation and being green is always in fashion. $2.99

For an outfit like this, simple jeans will suffice. Well, actually, to me jeans suffice in almost any situation, but still. I picked these, the "Morgan" skinny jeans from Delia's because of the skinny fit (even if trouser or high waisted or bell bottoms for all I know may or may not be coming back into style. Anything besides those hideous light wash cuffed and rolled up jeans Katie Holmes has been sporting lately!) and because they are a dark wash and because this girl looks so happy in the picture! =) Haha she even is sporting sort of what my outfit is supposed to look like! $44.50

Lastly, some cute flats to compliment the above mentioned Boyfriend Cardigan. I figure that you can get away with these at least for a little while longer while the summer lingers and the warm weather lasts, after which point Converse Chuck Taylors will have to do from October to March. Side note: I also love these because they are called the "Summer in the City" sandal and I am in love with that song by the same name by the Lovin' Spoonful "Hot town, summer in the city Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty Been down, isn't it a pity Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city" $14.99

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to completely disregard today's post until you made The Lovin' Spoonful reference. That is a great song. One of many by that band, and one of even more in that era. Keep the good music theme going. I'm sure that someone in your family is probably a connoisseur of fine music.
Signed,
The New Guy

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the song,one more to add to my IPOD.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized this would be a great topic for your next blog.
Great songs to have on your IPOD or as Andrew would say, IPOT.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to agree with the new guy and say I enjoy listening to The Lovin' Spoonful. In fact, I got a chance to see them live when they performed that very exact song you mentioned at a park for a city sponsored event in Lake Forest. All these years later, they can still rock the house!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song is featured on one of my very old Richard Simmons Dancing To The Oldies vhs tapes so it always reminds me of him dancing around in his little shorts.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

LOL! Your starting to sound like Aunti Lola with the song phrases! I agree, great song! Yea, I'm kind of shocked Katie Holmes sported those jeans. So did anyone have any great Labor Day Sale finds? I was good and stayed away from the stores.
BTW, who's Andrew's 3rd grade teacher? And does he have any of his friends in his class?

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew's new teacher is Mrs. Wheeler. She is the only teacher at the school who teaches sign language, which, in Andrew's case, is a good thing. He has several friends from previous school years in his class along with some new faces.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home