Friday, August 29, 2008

Because I see people wearing these even in 70 degree weather...

I just don't understand it. I have such temperature issues that if I even see a picture of myself in winter wearing a Northface jacket I start to get hot, so I really don't understand it when I see people in summer wearing scarves just because they are fashionable. But that is why they constitute as trend number three!

I will just say it right now, the next couple scarves all seem to come from the same color palette (pinks, purples, reds) but can I help it if I like certain colors? It only makes for a kind of boring wardrobe... $10.80

When I went to the grand opening of Delia's at the new side of our current mall, I had this coupon that if you spent $50 dollars you got a certain amount off. I was at about $47, and was trying to find something to get me over, and picked up a scarf. Unfortch they're $16.50 and I couldn't imagine paying that much. But apparently some people do.

I like this pattern and I like lilac. About $24



I rather like this because it is houndstooth and because of the purple and red, it's very majestic. However, I would caution against wearing your scarf like a poncho, that is so 2003! $78

This is more along the lines of how you should wear your scarves, and how all the young girls are wearing it these days (for lack of a better expression). Yes, that's right, like you are a train robber on the Calico Express. $22

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about scarves. I guess they are ok. They are not ubiquitous here in California like Crocs which I cannot stand.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I noticed as well while shopping tonight at the Del Amo Mall that a lot of stores already have their Fall 'decorative' scarves out. They do help to dress up a plain long sleeve shirt. :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I have a scarf like the one in the second picture :) . I don't wear it, though. I can't have anything around my neck. It makes me feel like I'm choking. :(

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarves are yet another non-value added piece of clothing. There is no need to ever dress up other clothes. On can never go wrong with wearing solids, blue and white, in particular. It's just the fashion world, once again, trying to bleed you out of even more dollars. The girl in the last scarf picture, wearing it in the "current trend" as you put it, looks like she's wearing a bib. Does she think that she's going to protect herself from that possible spill of milk from her Cheerios? The only clothing accessory that was ever value added, was the "ascot". It helped Freddy from the Scooby Doo series to style and profile and get all the chicks!
Signed,
The New Guy

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to comment on the whole scarf thing, but I've thought of a possible new topic that you may want to cover. I've been viewing your blog regularly and noticing all the comments you get, which tells me that you have quite the pull with lots of people. You, Blogmaster A, should officially endorse one of the candidates for President. That way you could get your name in the news and the person you endorse could add you to the long list of endorsements found on their voting guides or pamphlets. From what I can tell, you are both intelligent and into fashion, so I'm assuming that the logical choice would be the Mc Cain / Palin ticket. You can't beat that combo for sensibility and fashionability.
Signed,
Another New Guy

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a scarf in warm weather either--unless you're Scottish and it's a culture thing. I think scarves can be hard to wear sometimes because they tend to shift or get in the way and in the end, you don't wear it (which makes for a waste of money!)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home