Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, I tried

Every single year, I get excited over school supplies. Just the sight of them putting out the display at Target is enough to get my pulse racing. But this year for some reason, my heart isn't as into it =( Maybe it's because I know I'm poor this year, haha. Maybe it's because as you get older, you know you need less and less things. My brother, a third grader, has a whole list of things to get, from pencils to glue sticks to markers to who knows what. I for one, stopped getting lists in the 6th grade, and as the years go on, all you really need to have is something to write with and something to write on.





And that's what I've featured, plus one. I for one am a planner, and I love planners in all shapes and forms. I have three calendars hanging on my wall, I use my Blackberry as a planner/calendar, and I bought a blotter or whatever that thing is called that you put on your desk that also doubles as a planner/calendar. And yet, I still want the one above. It's by Kate Spade and she comes out with a new one that's a different theme every year. I wanted last year's, badly!, but it sold out. This one's theme is road trips and it looks so cute. So you best believe I'm gonna get it! $20






Every time I go to Urban Outfitters, I want this notebook! It's a very very cute pattern! And I love the bright Technicolors. And, as an added bonus, I would love to see the Taj Mahal. $7.99

Writing Utensils. Mostly mine consist of free pens I get from hotels, or restaurants, or open houses, or find at school. And on occasion I buy them. I wanted to find some unique pens, but apparently I have been out of the pen buying game for too long because I could not find any! The closest I could find were these three on Etsy.com, which are basically restyled pens that you can buy for 33 cents paper put in around the shaft of the pen to make it appear polka dotted. Frankly, I've had better free pens, but these are cute too. $4

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite pens come from my Europe trip. I made of point of getting them at tourist gift shops because they are a cheap souveneir along with refrigerator magnets. I love my Louvre, Stonehenge, British Pound w/Queen Elizabeth image pens.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about...free pens. You can get them from hotels, health fairs, restaurants, realtors, and anyone else who wants to sell you something. Heck now you can get post it notes, lip balm, letter openers, stress relief balls, and a host of other things from the same sources. If you play your cards right, you may never have to buy anything ever again. Oh yeah!
Signed,
Not Your Dad, but possibly your brother or brother-in-law, and definitely not your great aunt.

9:33 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I used to like school supply shopping, too, lol! And I too have several calendars hanging in my room. 5, actually, and a cute little desk caledar that's sitting on my headboard (it'll get lost on my desk, it's so small).

I remember using the Pentel pens and putting paper in the shaft with my name on it so I wouldn't lose it, or have anyone steal it :) . But I think my favorite pens are still Papermate.

I had a planner throughout college that was customizable. The cover was clear, sort of like the binders with the clear plastic around it. I put a collage of pictures in mine. It was cool. I still have it! Somewhere...

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the best improvement that has come about are the wheels on the backpacks. If only they had those type of backpacks when I was going to school, then those heavy textbooks wouldn't have been a pain to lug around the Bishop campus. They seem to be popularI with the kids nowadays and whenever I go and sub at the schools, sometimes I feel like I'm at LAX.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

LOL........sometimes I do feel like I'm going to LAX with my rolling b ackpack!(I wish) It's a God send, even though Mike makes fun of me. I agree with NYD! Its one of the main reasons why I go with Mike to the LA Auto Show every yr. I always go home with at least 2 free tote bags filled with free stuff from every auto maker! Just that alone makes it fun. I love the notebooks on your sight. Especially, the one w/ the Taj Mahal.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

BTW, I liked the Butt Station ($20 for any desk) also on the Urban Outfitters web sight. Very funny!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dont love school supply shopping anymore...i still love it all...i got the fancy binders and matching notebooks and everything...but buying stuff for our dorm makes it even better :)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home