Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This is What I do (maybe instead of summer reading)

I don't mean my blog, I mean reading magazines. For which I am sure I will hear about it from my dad. Not like he's not already mad at me enough. Because there may have been a sunroof and near rain near accident. But whose paying any attention to that? =) Because I'm too busy reading magazines! Anyways. My favorite weekly is People. Mostly because it tends to be the most truthful gossip magazine, if that isn't an oxymoron. It's reliable. Even if it is the most expensive. It think it's $3.99. but I also read In Touch, US, Life & Style, and occasionally Star. I'm not really that picky, I just read People the most.

My favorite monthly magazine would have to be InStyle. I love the fashion and the celebrities they feature. And the articles are actually ones I can read and understand without wading through a bunch of pretension. But I would also like to toss out honorable mentions to Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Cosmogirl!, and Seventeen.

So, what are your favorite magazines? =)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love People Magazine as well! When I get my copy in the mail, I look at all the pictures first and then go back and read the articles. I know the majority of the content is about gossip and Hollywood stars but there's a few articles that feature personal struggles and touch on the human spirit and I enjoy reading those.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman's World is my favorite weekly magazine especially because its cheap and there is always a good weightloss story in every issue. There was a time when I bought People Magazine religiously every week. Now, I just buy it if I like the articles. There was a time when I got tired of reading about the troubles of Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and the rest of their ilk. I do prefer British magazines and tabloids. I love the Uk versions of Cosmopolitan and Glamour but would never buy the American versions. I also love the Uk versions of Hello and Ok.

4:17 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I used to subscribe to Rolling Stone :) Then it just got too expensive and the bands got crappier :B

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer reading People Magazine online that way I don't have to buy it. Most of the stuff I want to read about is online anyways. Sunset Magazine and LA Magazine are also favorites of mine.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I'm a big People fan too! I know the story is true if its in People. I've become a Prevention fan as well. I buy it for the exercise routines mostly. Ones I can do at home. But I also love all their health articles, simple food recipes, personal stories, and other general health advice. Its a health magazine that is more fun and is easy for me to understand. Its only $2.99 and small enough to fit in a purse to read on the go! Mike's already offered to buy me a subscription. I guess its his way of telling me to stick with the exercising.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see no point in wasting money on magazines. I read magazines while the rest of my family are shopping, usually in Target, Wal-Mart, or Barnes and Noble. This way, I read what I want, pass the time, and don't spend any money. I like Anonymous' idea of reading magazines online also. As for any incident concerning leaving a sun roof open on a day when heavy rain is forcasted, I'm sure that your dad would not harp on that. What he probably should be harping on is that you stop wasting time and money on magazines and you get on with finding a work study and non work study job on campus at your school. Since I don't know your dad personally, I can't be sure, but from the way you talk about him, I'm sure that he is level headed and would want you to take care of business before lollygagging. Signed,
Not your dad, but possibly Michael Phelps or Bruce Jenner, and definitely not the Philipine Olympic team as they have yet to win a single medal this year while Togo, Latvia, and Bahrain have.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home