Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hey Ya'll Just Add a Stick of Butter!

As another installment of "my favorite food network stars", coming in a very close second is Paula Deen! She has a wonderful show, called Paula's Home Cooking, where she cooks southern style food. She always makes it look so good and, true to her show title, home made. It must be pretty high in calories too, because she can't go a whole show without making something that has a whole stick of butter in it =) And I also love Paula because she just seems so nice, like your grandma or really nice neighbor.

She also has a show called Paula's Party, where she also makes food, but it's based around some theme like a sleepover or cheese (Yes, I'm pretty sure she had a show solely about cheese. And possibly one about all things fried. Didn't I tell you I loved this woman?!) and she has celebrities on.

And as if Paula wasn't busy enough, she has a new show called Paula's Best Dishes, where she and a viewer make their recipes in her kitchen, she has a autobiography that I read and thought was pretty good, and she does specials, like Paula Deen Gets Married, Paula Goes to Paris, and the Deen Family goes on Vacation (they went to Saint Lucia!! Where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean!!!).

She is one lucky lady.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're getting away from the shopping thing and getting into more important topics. I also enjoy Paula Deane's show, although I probably enjoy "Down Home with the Neeley's" a little better. My favorite dish, by far, from Paula's show is the one in which she uses day old macarroni and cheese. She cuts it into squares, wraps a couple of strips of bacon around each square, covers them with breading, and then deep fat fries them. How can that not be good?
Signed,
Stephen

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She needs to do a special called Paul Dyes Her Hair.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant Paula.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch her show but she seemed like a nice lady when I saw her on the show that featured the competitors for the next Food Network Star. Anyone who cooks comfort food is alright in my book! BTW, how's the weather been lately? I know the last time you blogged it was 92 degrees outside and you were hating life. (You'll have to do a blog on the best flavors at Ben and Jerry's.)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

For sure! My favorite Ben and Jerry's is Cherry Garcia. (I often get the singles that come with a spoon at Albertson's on my lunch hour.)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love Phish Food and Chunky Monkey!

7:06 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

A cheeeese show? Ooooh!!! :D

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home