Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Tale of Good Service

$3.95

So, normally, no weekend posts for me. But. I had such a good day at the mall, I had to share it with you all.

First, I should say, that a new side at the mall just opened and when we went opening day it was mass chaos and pandemonium. And I expected it wouldn't die down for a month. But I went today, and even being a Saturday, it was controlled and organized. My main purpose was to see the Dark Knight (very good by the way. also very alarming, I jumped more than once), but afterwards I had a few hours to kill.

Our (mine and Lyndsie's, hi Lyndsie!) first stop was to eat Thai at Racha Noodles (verrryyy good noodles, soapy tasting water =[). After, we went to Sephora, because I had to return a lip gloss. I am always leery of returning anything, and in my house we rarely if ever make the effort to return stuff (and some of us to remain nameless promptly throw out receipts, unlike me). But I figured mine was a good case because I hadn't opened or used my lip gloss and had the receipt. The girl, after fumbling a little with the register, promptly took my lip gloss back, gave me $19 cash, and gave me a free sample of Benefit concealer!!! Score number one.

Next we went to Bobalicious, and then stopped into Dehlia's and Aeropostale. And then Aerie! Which has become one of my new fave stores. First off, as a promotion I'm sure, they give everyone in the store a real live flower with a twenty percent off coupon! Isn't that so nice?! And then they have cute sale underwear. And they have this club that you can sign up for that gets you one free gift a month and one on your birthday! Fab! Score number two!

Lastly, I went over to the T-Mobile stand in the mall because for the last couple of days my Blackberry had been doing this funny thing where it wouldn't call out or receive calls. Normally I avert my eyes whenever I walk past a cell phone stand from fear of them selling me something. And I was worried they wouldn't be able to help me since they weren't a customer service center or anything. But fifteen minutes after I handed the woman at the counter my phone, she had figured out my problem, fixed my phone, tested it to make sure it worked, and said I would be receiving 100 free minutes! Which might actually inspire me to call people instead of texting all the time =) Yay T-mobile!

Ok, that's all for my adventures in retail! Have you guys had any good experiences with the mall or certain stores lately? Hope you're all looking forward to next week! =)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well written narative, Ally. Although the subject matter is not my favorite (as most people know by now), the story flowed very well and kept my interest. Well Done!

Sincerely,
Pop

10:05 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Aerie sounds fab! I wonder where there's one near me.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a good experience with Walmart today. I left one bag behind and they had all my stuff, six whole products, behind customer service waiting for me which I got back after they grilled me about the product. "Ok, let me see, there was Clean and Clear zit cream, Eucerin Lotion, Neutrogena eye cream, and some various Ponds and St.Ives skin face washes." I used to look down at Walmart but no more. I couldn't believe the low prices of some skincare I usually buy elsewhere. So, does that Aerie have big girl sizes for big girls like me?

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. wasn't that a fun day. "lyndsie, can you excuse me, i need to talk to ally"...and the soapy water was all kinds of nasty...the bubble tea, maybe bubleless next time...and aerie, amazing!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home