Thursday, July 24, 2008

So there's this lady

and I first saw her on the Rachel Ray Show (which I never normally watch because my mom has passed on a dislike of her and her voice to me, but I was getting a manicure and it was on in the shop so I had no choice). But anyways, my interest was piqued because I heard her say she was making creme brulee in a crock pot, and I love creme brulee! And then I watched the rest of the show and it turns out she's actually making something in the crock pot every day for a year. It's amazing really. And she's so funny and sarcastic so it's not like reading some random boring blog about crock pots, she makes it interesting. And every day she describes her recipe and shows pictures and shares her family's reaction. My favorite recipes to date have been Bacon and Cheese Chicken, Apple Dumplings, and Tapioca Pudding. So I highly suggest you check her out here!

*Note, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but in all my blogs you can click on the different color words, and more often than not, the prices, to the see the source =)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ally, but we're more into Guy Fiery and his triple D show. If you like comfort food, check out Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. This is a blog that I can really sink my teeth into...pun intended. Although many delicious foods can be cooked in a crock pot, just about your best bet is the little smokies in bbq sauce! That doesn't mean that I'll be pushing away a pot roast, home made chilli beans, or melted velveeta cheese, but from a taste, cost, ease of preparation, and ease of consumption standpoint, you can't beat the bbq little smokies. You need to follow this blog up with one about Paula Deane and the Neeley's. Signed, not your dad, but possibly Kevin James or Louie Cunningham, and definitely not Jackie from Skylab

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Ok may I just say that tripple D is my FAVORITE show on food network? I love it and I watch it every monday! I was just saying yesterday that I wish I had his job! Traveling and food? Scrumptuous! I don't know if I mentioned the show and my love of it already on my blog, but either way its a good potential future post! Along with my dad's suggestions of mentioning the Neelys and Paula Deane. Although I didn't know he had such a fascination with lil smokeys in bbq sauce. I think he's just hankering for anything (esp meat related) that could come outta our relatively new crockpot.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up with you grandma's crockpot roast. Yum! She always added potatoes and carrots. I think a couple of times she may of did beef ribs. I love anything that lets you set it and forget it and viola hours later you have a home cooked meal.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home