Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Normally...

I don't do more than one post in a day, but this is special. Unfortunately, this morning Estelle Getty passed away at 84 years old.

Noted most for her role as Sofia in the Golden Girls, she was by far the funniest and my favorite. She was the Queen of One Liners, delivering them in a deadpan voice.

She lived a long life, although she regrettably suffered from dementia in her later years. She will be missed by Betty White, Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan and the rest of the Golden Girls cast as well as all of her adoring fans.


(Sophia accidentally takes the Pope's ring home).

Sophia: This may be my shot at getting into the Bible!

Dorothy: The Bible's a done deal.

(from this morning's Golden Girls, The Pope's Ring)

Read more here

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, I immediately thought of you when I read about her passing online today. I know you are a humongous fan of The Golden Girls. At least you can watch Golden Girl dvd's and still get to laugh at her great comedic talent.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will probably my first and only comment to your blog. I, too, enjoyed the comedic talents of one, Estelle Getty. May she rest in peace and make us laugh for years to come.
Signed,
Your Dad

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home