Thursday, July 24, 2008

And the product review begins!





Because we have been thinking: "Sometimes drugstore mascara just doesn't cut it. And besides, it's so expensive, it must be good, right?"
Beauty product: CHANEL Inimitable Mascara
What Macy's (where I bought it) says its does: "Now, in a single stroke, CHANEL sets a new standard in mascara with a formula that does it all. A sophisticated formula and unique brush design combine to lengthen, plump and curl, delivering lush, long-wearing colour so precisely that each lash, even the finest, is perfectly defined and separated."
What we think: I am a sucker for ads. So between the ad for this and Shana Moakler's(of all people) recommendation, I decided to give this a shot. And I had a gift card. Ok, first of all the pushy sales lady walked over to pushover me and was all "that's a great lip gloss you're looking at! We just got it in yesterday". And then proceeded to let me try it on. It was lilac purple. And while it doesn't look purple on your lips, I still ended up buying that plus the mascara I intended to buy and wound up with an appointment with CHANEL artists tomorrow that I will probably skip. But ANYWAYS. Back to the mascara. I, for some reason, thought it would give me these great lashes. To it's credit, it made them intensely darker and more noticeable. But even when I curl my lashes it still does not make the mascara curl (maybe because it's so heavy?) so my lashes stick straight out instead of up. Not a good look. Not to mention the description says so itself that this mascara leaves every lash "defined and separated". This was not even close to happening to my lashes. The make-up lady claimed because my lashes were like hers (Side note: Why does every beautician say this to me when there's a problem? The woman who did my hair for my senior portrait said my hair was like hers and then proceeded to put in like 14 products in before she straightened it and it totally sucked. She was obviously wrong. And the MAC artist told me my skin was dry like hers then proceeded to sell me a three step foundation set of moisturizer, liquid foundation, and solid pressed powder foundation.) and that my lashes tend to intertwine, so it's hard to separate them. So I guess I can blame genetics, my brother got the prettiest and longest eyelashes in our family, fyi. And as for this mascara I was kind of disappointed.
Stars(!): **/5 Chanel Inimitable Mascara, $27.50





And for the next couple of days I will be mainly doing product reviews of items I got on my last make-up buying frenzy, mixed in with some other stuff.





Lastly, here is what Houndstooth looks like =)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one left me speechless (translation: bored me to tears or put me to sleep). Take your pick. No offense, which means you can't be mad about my comment. Those are the rules. Signed, not your dad, your boss, nor your brother.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh... so that's what a houndstooth pattern looks like! I think I might have actually seen it before and I just never knew the name. Regarding your mascara purchase--don't you hate how us women have to go through all that trouble just to look good? And don't get me started on "waterproof" mascara...

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love product reviews especially on cosmetics. First, you go girl. I've never owned Chanel anything and I'm closing in on forty. I generally like Estee Lauder, Lancome, and Clinique for mascaras. I prefer waterproof but its very hard to take off. Of drugstore brands if I was being cheap (ok frugal) I would of picked Loreal. I just don't get those people who rave about Maybelline great lash mascara (in the pink and green tube). I can really be picky about mascara especially when it comes to the brush. My brush has to be straight. I prefer volume over curling mascaras.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you you should do product reviews on Youtube. Also, you can blog about your favorite nail polish colors. I will offer mine: OPI I'm really not a waitress, OPI Chick Flick Cherry, and OPI Melon Of Troy.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home