Thursday, July 31, 2008

I never thought it could be done!

But I have found it! This book is basically Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, in book form!!! Penned by a husband and wife team who also have a regular column in Gourmet magazine, they travel the country and eat at different places then write about it and compile them all in a book. First of all, what a sweet job! Secondly I really liked it, even if I only read the portions with California and Washington in it. But this book does have every single state, and it was fun reading about the good places to eat in Washington, most of which are in Seattle. I highly suggest picking this book up. $14.93

And I'm very excited for tomorrow!! What's tomorrow you ask? You'll just have to read and see! =)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that burger on the front cover looks pretty good! (Makes me want to buy the book!)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love diner food but out of laziness I usually go to a food establishment with a drive thru. There is a Bobs Big Boy still around if you can believe that. I remember going there all the time as a kid.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Your killing me with anticipation!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, something worthy of me commenting on. It is me, Stephen, Father of the Blogmaster, finally chiming in. I have been reading secretively for a while (mostly the comments, especially those witty ones from "Not Your Dad", someone I'd like to meet one day). Although I have not read this book as of yet, food is always a good subject. One day I hope to write a book about "Stephen's" favorite eating establishments. Of course, included would be Casa de Pico, El Indio, Lucilles (Long Beach, not Torrance), Arnie Mortons, the Metropolitan Grill (Seattle), the Long Horn Grill (Seattle), Tony's on the Pier...
Signed,
"The" Stephen van Ingen

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home