Friday, July 25, 2008

I have discovered...

that my blog really appeals to a wide audience. And that that wide audience cannot be pleased every day. For instance, my dad could have cared less about my last product review. But he would love it if I went on and on about crock pots and food in general. But not to bash product reviews, my Aunt Elissa loved it. And I suppose she might love today's too =)

Because we have been thinking: "This is too good to be true!"
Beauty product: Tarte Enbrightenment Lip Gloss Duo
What Sephora (where I bought it) says its does: "Reach new levels of kiss bliss with Enbrightenment BriteSmile® Whitener & Tarte Lipgloss. One side contains Tarte's t5 super fruit™-infused lipgloss and the other contains BriteSmile®'s proprietary teeth-whitening formula for easy on the go application. The result will give you something to grin about—because a healthy smile is a woman's best accessory."
What we think: So as a concept, not a bad idea! I got Pearly Pink, Radiant Red was too dark for me. I tried the teeth whitener bit first, and it was ok, but once it starts to mix with your saliva, it gets really goopy in your mouth =( and I spit some out, so who knows how much whitener was left on my teeth. The lip gloss is a nice shade, although it's a bit of a shame there's only two color shades available. Also, it was a bit tricky to figure out the clicker thing in the middle, but it pertains to which end you can use. Also, I'm always sort of worried it will click in my purse and explode.
Stars(!): ***/5 Tarte Enbrightenment Lipgloss duo, $26

Also, whilst I was perusing Sephora I happened upon this! It is a case of seven mascaras in sample size. I, of the mascara obsessed and short lashed/deprived, want to buy it right away. I may have to buy it at Sephora, at the new part of Southcenter, which I am on my way to now! $28 Until Monday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Do you have a Shu Uemura eyelash curler? It is absolutely the BEST-and the one cosmetic accessory that this short/deprived lash girl can't do without! You can get it at Sephora. I'm looking forward to your review! : D

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although the lip gloss sounds great, I'm more of a lipstick kind of girl--my favorite color being cherry blossom by American Beauty. Kohls department store carries the American Beauty line (I know, I know, Kohls is not so hoity-toity, is it?)

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lip gloss looks like a laser or some kind of deadly weapon, hehe.
But, I've heard a lot of good things about Sephora's quality. A tad pricey, though.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered today that Walmart takes back cosmetics that have been opened and used. I am thankful to receive my little refund for those two crappy cover girl lipsticks I bought.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about, Aunt Lola. All women should buy their make up at Walmart. Macy's, Nordstrom, Sephora, etc. are laughing all the way to the bank. All the make up is probably made by my people (the Indonesians) for $1 a week at a big Max Factor plant there. They just slap different labels on the various containers and send the products to the appropriate stores. Stopped being ripped off. Buy your make-up at Walmart or Target!
Signed,
Not your dad, but possibly the Walton Family, and definitely not RuPaul.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

LOL!
I have to say I do buy most of my makeup at Target and Walmart........but not by choice. I hope to one day economically be able to buy Dept. store makeup and raid the fragrance wall every now and then at Sephora!
But for now, my N.Y.C. blush and Rimmel eyeliner will have to suffice. :(
Sorry, Steph.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

As for the Lash Stash.......not a bad buy! Especially if you double your mascara as a brow filler like I do. It gives one a chance to try different brands and even take them along in your purse!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home