Friday, August 01, 2008

Drumroll Please! Introducing...


Never Too Much of a Good Thing, my second poetry book (or "anthology" as it says on the cover)!!!



For those of you who remember my first poetry book, I have long awaited the day that I could serve up a second, and that day has finally come! And hopefully some of you have been eagerly waiting as well =)



The good news is, in exactly one week from tomorrow, my book will go on sale for the masses, better than the first edition (the wait and the buying will be explained in a minute).



First, the book itself is a 7x7 inch professionally printed color bound 80 page paperback book. Remember my first edition of poetry, spiral bound computer paper? I loved and still love that edition and love my dad for doing that for me, but this one looks amazing. Sorry for the size, but I was trying to keep the cost down.



Ahh, the cost! Those of you privileged enough to receive my last poetry book received it as a gift, you lucky ducks. There were several reasons for this, like the fact that my dear old dad paid for them all to be bound (not me) and the fact that it was only about twenty pages and in black and white. This marvelous book looks like a book, and therefore costs as much as one. Not to mention I made this book with the wonderful help of the program BookSmart, from blurb.com. And the program was free, but I'm selling it on blurb.com, and they have set prices. My particular book costs 15.95 plus shipping.



But wait, there's more! You may be thinking, I would like to buy my copy now! But you will need to wait until next Saturday, and here's why: Contest Week Extravaganza!



All next week, Monday through Friday, I will announce a different contest. You are allowed to comment once per day with your response. At the end of each day I will randomly (literally, with a random number generator website) pick one winner, and that person will win a DVD! Yay for contests!



But wait, there's more!! At the end of the week, I will take all the comments from the week and randomly pick one winner, and they will win an autographed copy of Never Too Much of a Good Thing! If you commented once a day, that's five chances to win! I will announce the winner and open my book for public buying next Saturday.



Lastly, once you buy my book, you have the opportunity to send the book to me instead of your house, and I will inscribe it for you for free and then send it to your house, free shipping from my house to yours!

Hopefully, I have covered all my bases, and if any of you have any questions, feel free to put them in the comments section and I will try to answer them promptly! I'm looking forward to next week!

(P.S- Colon Family, please email me regarding this, yours is a special case ;)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, OMG, OMG I can't believe you will be published. Yipee!!!!! Is there an acknowledgement page with a shout out to your wonderful aunt lola?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Yes I know right?! I mean it's not by RandomHouse or any real publisher, but it's practically the same thing. And I can only hope that some literary agent will see my work and be like, this should be a real published book! =) And you're such a mind reader! But that's all I'm gonna say, you should read the book to find out ;)

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!! I'll have to pass the message along to our other family members who don't read your blog. Shame on them. :P

I do remember the first book you gave us :) I was so proud of you I told all my friends :D

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock Ally! Way to go! And we LOVE your picture on the front cover! The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to...

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would be a GREAT Christmas gift for Not Your Mom.....

8:10 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Yeaaaaaaa! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to get my copy! I'm going to keep it next to your first poetry book that I keep on my computer desk. I like your contest idea! (you should sooo be in publishing!) So, I really need to catch up on my commenting. I'm currently in Pleasanton for a wedding. I'm curious to see what your poetry is about this time. It's been a few years. Way to go! Very exciting news!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

BTW, I have a couple of little surprises on their way to you now! Hope you like.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home