Friday, August 15, 2008

How lucky is this guy?!

Guy Fierri, the host of Diners Drive-ins and Dives (my favorite show on the Food Network) gets to do two of my favorite things: travel and eat the best of what diners have to offer (which is often better than it sounds). He does this all with an outgoing personality and a great sense of humor. He meets a lot of interesting people along the way and also gets to try stuff you wouldn't normally find in diners (escargot! turtle soup! gizzards!). Man I wish I had his job! Except for the whole eating snails thing.
Sorry, this would be longer, but it's so hot (92 degrees actually) and I don't have the energy to sit in front of the hot computer. I'm about to start sweating under my eyeballs, which we all know is a sure sign heat stroke is next. Well, that's a self prognosis but still.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you, this is my favorite show on the food network! I think he's funny and I love all his Guy-isms (Get on board the train to flavor town, Weiner-weiner chicken dinner, off the hook, this is gonna be money, etc.) One day I would love to visit Santa Rosa and eat at his restaurant,
Johnny Garlic's.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with Lennie on all of her comments except......it's "winner winner chicken dinner!" Though wiener wiener is funnier.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen the show or watched Food Network The only food program I watch is Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I used to watch The Restaraunt with Rocco Dispirito.

4:20 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

Hey, he's the guy on the Friday's commercial!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Sounds like a good show. Since I don't have cable I'm missing out. Mike and I also like to watch Gordon Ramseys' Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen. I wouldn't mind dining at his new L.A. restaurant. I also love to watch Eye on LA on the weekends. They often do Top 5 Restaurant lists for pizza, steak, fish, burgers, etc.
BTW, my order of Never Too Much of a Good Thing was waiting for me at my door today. It's terrific! Great job Boo!! I love the mixture of poems, quotes, lists, etc. I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBQ Pulled Pork Pile with BBQ Beans and Fries at Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse Cafe yesterday...mmmmmmm Pork!
Signed,
Not your dad

10:23 PM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

This is the only show I watch on the food channel anymore. I let my DVR stockpile episodes and then have a marathon!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home