Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Ten Pounds can make a difference.

One of the few pictures I will probably post online of me with my glasses. So relish in it while you can. It was just chosen to emphasize the slimmer lower face that I imagine I have. If I have in fact imagined that, then just focus on my dimple, which is on display for all.

Despite this whole weight loss thing being an up and down roller coaster (mostly because I choose to make it one), and despite losing twenty pounds (and not the British kind, though I would like to mention Courtney is in London and I die at every picture, so much excitement) I have hit a plateau for about two weeks. That being said, I did notice some benefits straight from just losing ten pounds, which is nice for people like me who are into instant gratification.

Here is where the uncles, males in general, and anyone who is uncomfortable about bodies should zone out as I tend to overshare. 

Benefits:
  • The shape of my midsection is more hourglass shaped, and less blobbish. It's nice to see curves instead of just one round mass.
  • My bras started to fit looser. While some women worry they are going to lose their chest, after my tummy I am the biggest advocate of getting rid of my mammary glands (which almost sounds naughtier than the b word that rhymes with tubes). Thanks to my mom's side of the family, I am pretty sure, I have always been gifted in this area, but it is really just a nuisance. It's awkward for running and jumping, and shirts are a whole other issue.
  • This  hasn't happened yet, but I can't wait for my feet and fingers to get smaller.
  • As I stated above, the bottom of my face is slimming, even though I'm pretty sure I will never get rid of my huge cheeks, which is sort of a shame.
  • My proudest achievement is that I am beginning to see some sort of a collar bone. I can't recall if I ever had one, and it just disappeared under many a cheeseburger/french fry combo, or I never had one to begin with. Either way, it's coming back with a vengeance!
So what about you peeps? What achievements (big or small) have you accomplished recently? Andrew, for instance, can multiply fractions. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Alyssa said...

Ally,

I think this is so great! Don't be discouraged about hitting a plateau. This just means you're losing fat and gaining muscle! YOU GO GIRL!!! Anyways, from somebody who has put on a few pounds over the last few months I know how much of a difference it makes, and I am proud of you for sticking to it!

Now for the semi-selfish part of this comment: Whenever you get back to SU do you want to find a time to workout together? I could use the motivation... plus I have been sentenced to working out a minimum of 4 times a week for at least an hour by my mom and also my dr. This is probs WAY too much info but since you're being open and honest, I will be too :)

Keep up the good work, you look AWESOME!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, My Baby! Way to go! But blame the big bazookas on the Pina side.

Either way, you're beautiful! :)

Aunt Cissy

4:25 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Unfortunately, I got the Adame bazookas (barely there!). U look great! I can tell u look slimmer just by the head shot. Not to mention u look great with glasses (so unfair). I just started cutting my dinners in half in hopes to get rid of my pooch. It's slowly working. After summer semester..... 15 min nightly workouts. Congratulations on ur 10 lbs! Way to go!

5:27 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I can see it!! Good job!

I haven't achieved much as of late. At least nothing significant. Since I moved out of Oma and Opa's house 2 years ago, that's been pretty much it. I will have worked for this company for 10 years in November, though! That's pretty cool. If you count my temp time, it would be this year.
Mmm...that's it :)

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

Good job on your achievement. My recent achievements are that I finally got around to doing your Parent Plus Loan and that I didn't plant the Big Man after he commented on the size of my bazookas!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous queen of stealth said...

You're new, smaller bosom (The correct word is bosom) will look awesome in a new vintage disney tee. Congrats, Ally. I am here with you all the way!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home