Thursday, June 23, 2011

Remember kids, if a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you, because drugs are expensive

I saw the above post on tumblr, and my immediate response was "Eww? Drugs?! Eww! Gross! I would never! Yuck!" And while I have never even touched so much as a cigarette (see above reaction), let alone anything stronger that one would be inclined to smoke or inject, part of me forgot what a hypocrite I am because I do in fact take excedrin like they are the newest flavor of M&M.

I had a headache last night in fact. I could not exactly pinpoint why, but whined to my dad, also a frequent sufferer of headaches, and he said I should go to sleep and hopefully it would go away. By 3am, when I got up to get a drink of water (A recent revelation: I sleep rather poorly in summer),  the demon that had decided to nest in my forehead was gone.

This was after my dad and I had a conversation then went a little like this:
Me: I want to take excedrin but did you know you can only take two excedrin migraine in 24 hours? (I just found this out in May. Thanks to my friend Lisa, and uhm, actually reading the label).
Dad: It's the same ingredients as the other one (the non-migraine excedrin I assume). I take two every four hours.

Which I used to do up until May. Therefore, either he and I are destroying our livers 2 excedrin at a time or... we're not.

I had a headache this day, I distinctly remember. Hence the face and the eyebrow rubbing. There is no explanation for the grody green nail polish that is chipped.

The fact of the matter is the reasons I get headaches are vast and many:
- I haven't eaten enough that day
- I didn't start eating early enough in the day
- I got too much sleep (more than 10 hours)
- Certain head bands that I wear
- Wearing fragrance that is too potent
- Sinus problems or seasonal allergies
- The last week of every month ahem etc.
-Other random things that I cannot think of
- No reason at all. Just... Bam! Pounding and throbbing, etc. etc.

I am not the sort of person who gets light sensitivity, but I do get nausea like nobody's business.

Why do you get headaches (i.e. what are your triggers)? And more importantly, how do you stop them?!

Me today. Headache free!

6 Comments:

Anonymous aunt lennie said...

This is off the topic but Ally, you always wear the cutest headbands!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics were just too cute! I had to save the "headache free" one as my new desktop at work. :)

Aunt Cissy

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

I get headaches every time that your dad does.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I rarely get headaches.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous angie cruz said...

I always get headaches in the summer only...why,I do not know...maybe it because I get to much sunlight, but I always drink hot chocolate when I get one And,I feel thousands times better...its weird I know!but it works for me:)

3:03 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

Your list is exactly the same as my list. But I refuse to take anything stronger than the lowest dosage of Motrin, and even then I try not to take anything at all. I hate popping pills. However, yesterday, I was battling a headache all day...so, Chrissy gave me an Excedrin. The headache got worse :(

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home