Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What meal could you eat for the rest of your life?

I asked my friend Lisa this question the other week, like you're supposed to have the answer on the tip of your tongue, like your favorite color (mine is pink, tied with purple, and then white. And then probably baby blue. I have a hard time making choices).

I believe she said something, "I don't know, I have to think about it. What's yours?"

I, of course, think about this sort of crap all the time, and I love food (since I have started my diet I watch Food Network an inordinate amount of time and drool like I am watching a Taylor Lautner when it is really a summer cocktail and lemon chicken or a cookie. I don't even like cookies).

My top three foods or meals that I would eat for the rest of my life would be:

3. Steak wrapped in bacon- I love steak. More than a normal person, probably. I could eat steak and eggs for breakfast, and my favorite thing at buffets (erm, well tied with the omelet bar) is the carving station ( my mom thinks it is too early in the morning for meat. I am running to the line, trying to beat my dad for first place. Running). I love steak sandwiches something awful. I love New York steak, and Ribeye, and Prime Rib, and I am considering having all future Big Events (read Graduation party and Rehearsal Dinner [yes, for my wedding]) at a steak house. I also really love bacon. Like a lot a lot. Courtney told me once Roseanne (from the show with the same name) was eating a peanut butter bacon sandwich and I just about died. I am also the person who can eat peanut butter with a spoon. (Note: I am such a fattie). Long story short, I steak wrapped in bacon is number three choice for top three food item that I could eat for life. Which, for me and my choices, will be about thirty three (eh, it was good enough for Jesus).



2. Potatoes in the fried variety: I literally could eat french fries every day. I am also fond of hash browns and tater tots. Like honestly, I have never met a tot I did not like. My hands down favorite fries come from the FEBO in Holland. No one makes fries like the Dutch. I think they double fry them, I'm not sure. All I know is I thank Baby J that we had to walk every day in Holland or I would have come back 536 pounds, give or take twenty pounds. As if the fries aren't bad enough, and by bad I mean delicious and addictive, they also come with Dutch fry sauce, which is a v close cousin to mayonnaise but better and I am sure more caloric. If I am ever lying on my death bed, please use the last of my money and energy to air lift me to Holland so I can eat these fries, Oprah style (you know she flew all the way to Washington for Ezell's Chicken?).

And my first option, if I only had to pick one? Drumroll... IKEA Swedish meatballs. Specifically with lingonberry sauce, french fries (NOT mashed potatoes), and a Coke. I die. I don't know what it is about this meal. I could have picked Weinerschnitzel, Hot Dog on a Stick, Chik-fil-a, or Rascal's (oh how I miss Rascals. And Art's. OK those are def top ten). But every time I eat the IKEA swedish meatballs meal I literally think "I could eat this before going to the electric chair". It has a magical hold on me. It might be the fact that you get 15 balls of meat. Or the fact that it is smothered in salty gravy (salt is my enemy and my lover). I also love lingonberry sauce and often ask for a double portion. It's like cranberry sauce only better. More Swedish. It def helps that my number two choice, french fries, is already on the plate. Regardless, I love this meal almost as much as I love my brother. 

So tell me friends, since food and I are kinda frenemies right now, what is the one meal (or heck, three) you would eat for the rest of your life if you had to?

4 Comments:

Anonymous The Big Man said...

Hot wings.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

1. Steak (BBQ'd)
2. Dutch pancakes (with sugar and strawberry syrup or with ham and cheese)
3. Homemade tacos with ground beef and chorizo...which, I had last night.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous queen of stealth said...

You made me droll at my desk at work. Im starving!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

El Indio tamales. I eat them throughout the year and not just Christmas.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home