Thursday, July 07, 2011

DIeting Revisited and Revised

Remember this post? Well that was almost a year ago, and on the one hand, here we are again, with me trying to get healthy again, but actually making progress. (I have actually hit a huge milestone- under 200. Since I am being brutally honest and all). And on the other hand, I have some new and sometimes reconsidered viewpoints on dieting.

- Even if I go over my daily allotment of calories (it used to be 1450 but now its 1380 not counting exercise), the important thing is that I eat better than I ate before, i.e. less than 2000 calories.
- I like water a whole lot more with lemon.
- If you feel a headache coming on, beat it early with exedrin and caffeine, or else you will have a headache so bad you think you should send goodbye texts in case you die of an aneurysm. (This actually happened).
- Myfitnesspal, writing down daily food and cardio, keeps me accountable.
- So does having a gym partner.
- So does having a goal shirt.
- I can try and do this without exercise, but my diet goes MUCH better when I can eat more calories if I exercise. As much as I seemingly hate the gym, I am one of those people who would rather bust their butt in the gym so they can eat more of what they want.
- Jason DeRulo is not so great to work out to, Missy Elliot heck yes!
- One time, my last three searches on myfitnesspal were: truffle, butter, and potato cheddar soup. Sometimes you might have an off day. Don't let it become a habit, but don't beat yourself up either.
- Cutting out fast food is easier than you think and does miracles.

Hopefully these observations help any of you struggling (the only appropriate word for what this is, it's sure not a walk in the park) through this transition. Let me know how it's going and if you have any tips, I could use them!

 I just like my earrings. And any picture where I can conceal my multiple chins. Which are starting to diminish thank baby J. I will always have chipmunk cheeks though haha.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

Stop drinking Coke!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I read in a book Aunt Elissa gave me was to remember that our stomach is just a small pouch. The tip was "Stop when your pouch is politely full". I loved it! Easy to remember and it works! Good luck, Baby! :)

Aunt Cissy

11:19 AM  
Anonymous queen of stealth said...

You motivate me, Ally! I back you up on that it is important to have a gym partner! Holla!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home