Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Silver Surprise




This past Saturday I filmed the gifting of my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. Oh that's right, my parents have been married 25 years! Those crazy kids! Here is a radient picture of the big day.

The above picture is my parents on their honeymoon, being serenaded by Bob Hope.

I delivered my special gift in the form of a treasure hunt, an idea that I got from celebrating Christmas at my Oma's house. Every year we had a treasure hunt to find one of our gifts that wound through the house, with clues telling us where to go. But my treasure hunt was a timeline, taking them through their life.


The 2nd clue led us to to kitchen, where I talked about all the times we have gotten together with our family and eaten. Which has to constitute for about ninety percent of my life =)


Close up of one of the pictures on the fridge. (You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them).



Next were the fun years, before kids. When everyone was younger, skinnier, and happier haha!


Close up of my parents pre-kids.


Next I reminded them of one of their two proudest accomplishments, hopefully you can read the text of what I wrote about myself, since it's cute (but long!).


Baby me. If you look close enough I have no pants on but am wearing my mom's shoes.


The last memory on the trail was Andrew, the newest addition to our family history.
I LOVE this picture of Andrew and my mom, they both look so relaxed. It's Christmas morning.



The treasure hunt ended in the customary way, with treasure! I hid the above stuffed wolf in our living room, and had my parents guess where we were going. The ribbon gave it away, so it did not take them long to figure out we were going to Great Wolf Lodge! (click through to the link for awesomeness). We can stay one night, and enjoy the attached water park (and possibly spa services!). You see I felt sort of lame sauce not guaranteeing some sort of celebration for the grand old 25th, so a vacation seemed like a good solution!


Click above to see my parents actually do the treasure hunt. Ignore the kinda bad camera work.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Yo Dad said...

Very excellent anniversary present. Your parents are very lucky. One correction, however, the person serenading them is "Don Ho", the more famous Father of pop sensation, "Hoku" and Hawaii's version of Frank Sinatra, and not "Bob Hope".

5:50 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Wow! What a great way to pay tribute to your parent's anniversary. Nice job Ally! It was very creative and was done with a lot of love. I'm sure your parents had a kick going down memory lane! Sometimes I can't believe it's been 25 years either! I hope they enjoy the gift you gave them as they certainly deserve it! So happy for the both of them!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow-Ally, how creative and fun! Thank you for sharing the special moments and reminding us of the beautiful journey we all got to witness! Mom and Tata and I were talking about this journey just last weekend and remembered how for such a long time your mom told us your dad was 'just a friend!'. lol!

And thanks for clearing that up "not not your Dad"- I was thinking," Wow- Bob Hope!?? When did I miss that?!". lol! I do remember you guys returning and telling us about Don Ho! :)

Glad the 25th year started out with such a wonderful celebration!

Aunt Cissy

12:19 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

How cool! However, the video is currently unavailable :( . I'll have to try again later. But that was a sweet gift :-)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Boy, are your parents lucky to have such a giving and thoughtful daughter! That was awesome Boo! I dig the photos too! I still can remember how excited your Dad was when he told us about Don Ho. And I use to like that red skirt that your Mom is wearing in the photo. LOL, and yes, Cissy, I can still remember how Dodie use to get defensive and call Steph "just a friend". LOL!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home