Monday, April 04, 2011

Eat More Chikin


I had no fun Spring Break plans. No road trips, no spa treatments, no hotel stays, nada. Work at Costco, come home and eat, sleep by 11. Watch Netflix Instant all day errday. 

My only instances of fun had to do with food. I went to Jak's in Issaquah and had the best dang steak sandwich, possibly in this entire country. With such good fries. Ok, before I wax poetic all day about beef, my only adventure was a trip to Chik-fil-a. 

Two hours each way. In Bellingham. 

With my parents. 

This is my order. Twelve piece nugget. Waffle fries. Lemonade. Sauce.

My parents both got chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. And we ate overlooking the water. We explored the campus a little (see the first picture), but they were in "Intercession". 

Then we swung by the outlet mall on the way back down. It wouldn't be the van Ingens without a little shopping. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't get some silk shells to wear the first week back to school from the Gap.

Did it come as a surprise to anyone that my break was mostly focused on eating?

5 Comments:

Blogger Boogs said...

One can never travel too far for Chick-fil-A! (Was the Express on a campus?) BTW, that is one huge chicken sandwich. Why can't they be like that here? I'd also like to mention you look so grown up with your hair pulled back. Very non-collegian. It sounded like a very enjoyable day trip!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aunt lola) said...

It is ironic that I am reading this post on your Chik-fil-A chicken meal while eating my Popeye's chicken and biscuits 3 piece meal,(mild, dark meat). Oh yeah!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

@ Boogs, Yes it's actually on Western Washington University.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

I hear that it was a great trip. Both of your parents must love you very much to go 90 miles with you each way in order to eat fast food chicken sandwiches. By the way, there was no mention of the Big Man. Was he not along for the ride? Knowing him, he was either immersing himself in academia or preparing for yet another victory in the pinewood derby.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Stephen said...

Boogs, the chicken sandwich was much larger than I remembered from CA., and way more moist and tasty. It was a beautiful day and a nice ride, even though we stopped at the outlet stores...

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home