Thursday, May 19, 2011

Once upon a time I received an email...

From Kate Spade (yes, I am sure it was the woman herself). It was announcing the arrival of Kate Spade Belles. Their wedding line! I love Kate Spade. I love weddings. I LOVE the combo even more.
Kate Spade Clarice Heels, $298
Unfortunately for Kate, all the dresses were not that great. Well, they were fine, but not the aesthetic I am looking for at my own wedding. Short, and sleeveless, and ruffly. Not the point. The shoes were gorgeous. A lot of blue ones, to fit in that adage of something old something new, well you know the rest. Also a lot of sparkly ones! The above shoes were my favorite, gotta love that sparkle heel! 

Kate Spade Lemon Drop Small Framed Lella, $225
A few weeks ago, I was watching Teen Mom 2, and one of the moms was getting hitched (at a place called Coon Skin Park, I kid you not. They're getting a divorce now. Shocker). She was texting someone before the weddin' (everyone has an accent on that show), and I started to panic. "Where am I going to put my phone during my wedding ceremony?" I texted Abeni, and her response was "Wellll, hopefully you marry someone you love enough to put the phone down". Duh. I need counseling. ANYWAYS, this clutch is probably where I would put my phone. I love the pineapple clasp, a nod to the Pinas!
Kate Spade Pineapple Grove Studs, $75
However, I am not completely sold on the clutch. It may be a little gaudy. Not that gaudy won't be an inspiring word for my wedding. But perhaps a simpler expression of pineapples would be the earrings. 
Kate Spade All Wrapped Up Bow Key Fob, $50
Bridesmaids gifts! I love 'em, er not that I have ever been one. I love gifts? Anyways, this would make a good Bridesmaid gift.

wish you were here small coal
Kate Spade Wish You Were Here Small Coal, $275

This is by far my favorite piece on the entire Kate Spade website. It is called Wish You Here because there is a vintage motel scene printed on the side. It reminds me of California and I love it. I could bring it on the honeymoon, or just have it now really.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear you dream about your own wedding! I can't wait for that day! :) Anyone in mind?

Aunt Cissy

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Not Your Mom said...

Start saving your money now. Looks like you plan on having an expensive wedding, Mom and Dad like the idea of having a Coon Skin Park wedding.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Your biggest fan! said...

That Abeni girl is wise...

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

You can do like they do on "Red Neck Weddings", have a paint ball fight while still in your wedding dress. Then you could use the dress again because it won't be white anymore. This happens, of course, after the chicken fights and the potluck dinner.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I have always liked Kate Spade. Those nylon purses she did back in the nineties were all the rage. She is kinda like a poor man's Vera Wang.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I loved all the pieces you picked! (Oh, how I miss having to shop for my wedding!)If I had to pick one it would be the clutch. I was one bride who carried her small cell phone in her clutch on the big day...only so that I could send a pic text to family not present immediately afterwards. And as for the cost of things......that's why you have lots of aunties and uncles. :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Auntie Lynette said...

You can always have a Vegas wedding or do like your other aunties and have a Court wedding. I didn't have aunties and uncles to help pay for my wedding. I feel for your parents.. Weddings are expensive these days.

Auntie Lynette

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home