Thursday, May 05, 2011

Unforgettable Books

My classmate Joanna and I were really annoyed. For some reason we had been put in a certain Humanities Capstone instead of the other (which I am really disliking as it is because it does not come easily to me), thus exempting us from this other class we wanted to take with this other teacher, who is my all time favorite from SU, called Unforgettable Books. So being the genius' we are, we decided to just copy the book list and read them ourselves on our own time.

The list is as follows:

The Old Man and the Sea Hemingway
Zorba the Greek Kazantzkis
Death in the Family Agee
Gilgamesh Mason
Cry the Beloved Country Patton
Heart of Darkness Conrad

I tried starting Old Man and the Sea but it was a little slow and then school started so I haven't finished it. But I plan on accomplishing this list!

What books do you think he left out?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not the Librarian said...

1. The Bible
2. The Secret of my Inner Strength: My Story, by Chuck Norris
3. To Be the Man: The Ric Flair Story

1:27 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Unforgettable books sounds like a really interesting course and I feel bad that you weren’t able to take it. At least you now have the book list and I’ve decided to copy that list so that I can add these books to my ever growing pile of to-be read books.

I’ve read the The Old Man and the Sea and like you, I found the pace to be kind of slow but the main character shows a lot of determination and doesn’t ever seem to give up so that is something that I can respect and admire.

I think these two books could be added to the list:
-All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
-A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry

I wish you happy reading and enjoy your journey with these books.

2:13 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I don't know what was left out, but I liked Old Man and the Sea. It is a bit slow at first, but then picks up pretty good.


Oh! One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish! :D

12:12 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Roots by Alex Haley. A modern classic. About 700 pgs., but not a slow or boring page in it.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

I am contemplating getting an Ipad so I can put a whole library of books on it. I should be able to get one with all the overtime I have been doing lately.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home