Friday, April 15, 2011

Pop Yo Collar

Where I work, apparently you have to wear collared shirts. I had no idea, and went on wearing the same graphic tees and collarless shirts I always wore. Then one day, the manager who I am slightly afraid of leaned over to the nice manager, and the nice manager motioned me over. That day I had been wearing a Cali Love t-shirt, the one above. She started saying something about how it was a bright color, and we were supposed to wear collars, and we didn't want the other employees to think I got to wear these shirts over them. Red and embarrassed, I put my jacket on over it (I had only taken my jacket off for a second, because I was hot [shocker], and had accidentally walked over to the Front End, the land of many write ups because all the supervisors stand there) and went to talk to my other coworker. She looked at my shirt and said, "What she was trying to say, in too many words, is that you can't wear a shirt with words on it because we might get sued".

I have sworn of collared shirts (read: polo shirts) since the day I graduated high school because they remind me of uniforms and school. That is what most of my fellow employees wear, but I am on the hunt for some more fashionable options. Above, the AE Floral Boyfriend Shirt, which I like because it has a collar, it is sweet and I could wear it to a saloon if need be (this is, in fact, a requirement for some of my clothing).
The other shirt I liked was this one, the Women's Leopard Print Blouse from Old Navy, on sale for 25.99, because it has a collar and it is sassy.

As luck would have it, the nice manager approached me the next week, apologizing for calling me out on my shirt because she said she forgot we usually wear jackets at the front door, which have collars anyway. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

You should just wear white polo shirts and blue jeans everyday. That would like spiffy.

11:44 AM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

When I was working at Nutrition Express, we had almost the same dress code. And we didn't deal with customers.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre said...

Love the leopard print but it might be too dressy for costco.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I've had too many "uniforms" to count. Tell them where they can put "their white collar". ;)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home