Sunday, March 28, 2010

I've Been Accomplishing a Few Goals...

For instance, I finally ate my steak last Thursday. Lyndsie and I went to Jimmy Mac's and I had the top sirloin with loaded baked potato and a Caesar salad. And enough famous rolls and honey butter to allow me to abstain from eating until next month. I also watched Undercover Boss again tonight with Courtney, and succeeded in crying yet again. Lastly, I am making some headway in achieving some of my New Year's resolutions, namely, creating a better skincare regimen. Here are some of the makeup and skincare products I have picked up in the last week that I now really enjoy:

  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish: Way back when, e. eyre wanted to know what the big whoop was about this particular product. I had no idea, to be honest. But when I was buying my MAC foundation and powder, the woman happened to try this on me AND tell me that it was in a package with the oil based makeup remover and the charged water (both travel size), selling for $28 for all three when just the one Skinfinish itself is $26, I had to try it. Plus, it does things with my skin that I really like. I am not one for big shimmery (when it comes to my face at least), but this gives just the right amount of shimmer and it's a safe form of blush that I'm willing to try (I normally shy away from adding even more red to my face, but this tone is peachy bronze), plus, as I say, it's a mild bronzer, which does wonders for a pale face like me.
  • MAC Charged Water: I do not really care for the makeup remover included in the package, it is supposed to work with the oils in your face to remove makeup, but if there's one thing I can't stand on my face it is grease and oil, so it doesn't bode too well for me. However, I do enjoy the Charged Water, which is spray you spray on after all your makeup to set it, and it also hydrates your face, which let's face it, I desperately need. The other day this woman at work said I have this glow about me, and wanted to know if it was makeup or just me. I'd like to think it's both, but I'm sure the Mineralize Skinfinish and the glowy Charged Water are really helping.
  • Origins Checks and Balances: I don' t really have a face cleanser that I love, nor a routine to go with it, which is why I think I let it go to the bare minimum for so long... just a swipe of the oil of olay wipe if I was lucky. But now that I've found this wash, I can't imagine going back. It's a frothy face wash for faces that have dry and oily spots. My favorite part is it's texture, which I didn't realize was so important until now. But the fact that it is so elastic and frothy and smooth really appeals to my skin. It's a little pricey at 37.50 a bottle, but my sample lasted three days, and you only need a pea size amount to go to town, so that bottle lasts you like half a year or more!
  • Modern Friction Exfoliator: When I was at the MAC counter, the makeup lady asked me why I wasn't using an exfoliator, and I thought to myself, "well, gee, I don't know". But they really help slough off the dead skin, so I thought I'd give the free sample a whirl. Ya'll, this product is amazing. You use it 2 or 3 times a week, meaning this $37.50 tub also lasts half a year or more. It's made from sticky white rice, and you can feel the grains working into your skin. This texture is almost too good, it resembles a desert that I wouldn't mind eating, to be honest. But then again, don't go by me, because I'd pretty much eat anything made of rice. Or bacon. But to end on a normal note, I think these two items plus more regular moisturizing has given me completely different skin that I am growing to like, and want to maintain.

5 Comments:

Anonymous the ecological one said...

to be honest i skimmed this one. except the part with my name.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

Since I've heard that "Not Your Dad" has jumped ship to Tara's blog, I felt that a void was left behind, which I will attempt to fill. I know that those are big shoes to fill, but I will try my best. First of all, you started off great, talking about Steak, Jimmy Mac's, yeast rolls, and honey butter, some of my favorite subjects. You started losing my attention with Undercover Boss, and then totally lost me with skin care products. What you should have done was follow through with your original topic of steaks. Since you did not, I will. Here are some of my favorite steak places: The Metropolitan Grill in Seattle, the Melrose Grill in Renton, Morton's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills, George Petrelli's Steak House in Culver City, Jimmy Mac's in Renton, and the sadly no longer in business Jeremiah's Steakhouse in Las Vegas. I have been meaning to try out Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but as of yet, I haven't. My favorite steak is Filet Mignon, but I also like Porterhouse, New York, and T-Bone. I hope that you can now see the error in your ways and refrain from more skin care blogs. Thanks and great to be here.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lost me at Undercover Boss.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I wish I had both the time and money to care for my skin. I wash my face with Noxema every night and then I'm off to bed. That's about all the effort I put into it.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

Sorry NotYourDad but Eyre Ristorante has the best steaks around cooked by top chef P.Eyre himself.

Ally, I ended up never buying the MAC mineralize skinfinish because I didn't feel like spending that price for bronzer so I bought a dupe...Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder (Sunkiss),it was half the price and looked exactly like it.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home