Thursday, April 01, 2010

Here are some pictures from the program I did with my coworker Janet


As an RA, I have to do four programs with the residents, whether this be an educational movie, an outing, a study break, or a speaker, which Janet was.

I had her come talk about her life growing up in Kenya, she moved here in 2001. She cooked traditional African food, like mandazis (cardamom and cinnamon fried dough) and chapadis (tortilla like things), as well as stew, and the African version of salsa.


This is her husband Mike. They met in Kenya. He's from California, likes the Lakers, and helped Janet make the food. I like his Africa shirt.

Here's more of the food. Plus the Kenyan flag and the American flag. All and all, I think the program was pretty successful because ten people ended up showing up, and everyone loves Janet's stories!

3 Comments:

Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

That food looks yummy.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

I second that notion, e.eyre. As has been stated before, food blogs rock!

Not to change the subject, but since today is Good Friday, maybe that should be your next topic.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

I love when people come and share their culture! This should be a monthly program on your dorm floor. You could continue it Ally with your Dutch/Mexican heritage...

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home