Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Should Come as no surprise...

That when I asked for questions or suggestions, there was hardly any unifying themes among you all. Which clearly means you need to start your own blog to hear what you want because it's just up to me to write what I want.

But I figured something that might appeal to most of you (but not all, sorry) is how my first day of classes went.

I began the day with English 301: Shakespeare in Context at 10am. This teacher seems really enthused and knowledgeable about Shakespeare, which will hopefully make it to my liking, plus he was wearing a Will Power shirt that he got from a festival in Cincinnati. Our intros to the class were to consist of our name, major, and what super power we would choose to have, so at the very least I think we're going to have fun while learn Shakespeare. However, he did mention something about performing, which kinda deflated my balloon. We did watch a movie for 50 minutes though.

I had an hour and a half lunch break, then it was off to Humanities 380: Cultural Perspective on Russia. I am taught by an Orthodox priest who wears a long black gown and a huge cross (did you know Orthodox priests could be married? I didn't). We did a pop quiz to test our Russian knowledge, and I knew virtually nothing, which is why I took this class (as opposed to Cuba or Latin America). He thought most of us signed up because we were interested in Russia (obvs I signed up because it was in the best time slot). Then we watched an hour of a movie.

My last class is English 292, Writing Longer Fiction. Apparently I will be writing a novel, or the beginnings of one, in ten weeks.

Ok, I'm off to dinner now!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Not Not Your Dad said...

I hate to be so harsh, but your first comment was a cop out. It's your job as the blogmaster to sift through our suggestions and choose the topics that would be the most engaging. I did enjoy your topic today, but still think that you should go with a few of our suggestions. Remember, we are your customers.

That being said, I am not yet ready to jump off the bandwagon like "Not Your Dad". I did, however read Tara's blog today. It's well worth reading. If you've forgotten the url, here it is.

www.umightaswelldance.blogspot.com

6:50 PM  
Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Funny you should mention Shakespeare...I was subbing for a high school English class today and the students watched the film, Romeo and Juliet, not the black and white version but the modern version with Claire Danes and Leonardo Decaprio--a pretty quirky film!
PS Soooo...what super power did you choose to have?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Tara B. said...

Ooo I love Shakespeare! Haha I know weird right? But guess what Ally? I also love you and your amazing writing ability! You are definitely heading in the right direction, and have been teaching me a ton of things about blog writing just by reading yours! :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

I'm surprised your teachers chose to have you watch films on the first day of class. It makes me wonder if they were not prepared. :) Your classes sound interesting. And performing?......oh, that should be fun!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

It's not a cop out. I wirte what I want. That being said, while I was watching a very boring movie on Russia today, I went through the list of suggestions and pulled out the most interesting ones. Though I will remind you that I have no customers, that would insinuate that you all paid me to read this.

Aunt Lennie, I chose the superpower to switch places with anyone I wanted for a day.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Not Maddy said...

you should wear your will power shirt and be twins... and get an A+!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous The Unknown Blog Commentor said...

Tara figured out how to input a video. You should ask her how she did it.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home