Friday, March 26, 2010

Not the Usual Target

Normally, my out of the blue, charming, touching stories are based on events that happened with my pain in the butt yet endearing ten year old brother Andrew. This time, it is someone else.

On Wednesday, my momma picked me up from school, as I was relinquished from jury duty on Tuesday and I could go home for my two days of Spring break before I worked a three day weekend. We left after my mom insisted on tidying parts of my room, complaining about other parts of it, and threatening to steal my breakfast burritos.

After we ate breakfast elsewhere, we went to the mall, and I was doing well in not buying anything, until we got to Nordstroms, and I blew major moolah on MAC makeup. Which I am really excited about, my new skin and make-up stuff, but more about that two blogs from now.

As we were departing from the mall, we looked into Origins, and we saw a woman from our church that we both know. She waved, and started a conversation, then gave me free samples (but I'm getting ahead of myself, it'll be in the blog two from this one). Barb said " It must be nice to have her home" in reference to me.

I expected my mom to be snarky in her response, and say something like "yes, but it's nicer when she's gone" or "we don't miss her that much". But instead she said, " It's really nice having her home, yeah it is."

And that my friends, is what counts as sentiment at our house. But I'll tell ya, it couldn't make me happier.

3 Comments:

Anonymous aunt lennie said...

Sniff, sniff...I grabbed a kleenex on that one. Looks like you had a great day spending time with your Mom.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

The truth finally comes out! We all know it, even if she doesn't like to reveal it to you. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

I've seen your mom. She's pretty HOT! Your dad's a lucky man.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home