Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back in 2003...

Was probably the happiest I can ever remember being. Slash 2004. Here's why:
  • Newlyweds was at it's high point and I wanted to BE Jessica Simpson, and be married to Nick Lacey.
  • I wore a lot of ponchos and shawls, but rather than hide from everyone, I thought I was a fashion plate.
  • I also was really into pointy toed heels, and both the ponchos and the heels were thanks to Jessica.
  • I had just discovered that I could straighten my hair, and that was a real treat for special occasions.
  • I graduated from 8th grade in 2004 and I thought I was an unstoppable near-adult.
  • I wore three inch black platform sandals. Yeah, yeah I did.
  • I wore acrylics, starting in the 7th grade, and probably more often than a middle schooler should.
  • I had three best friends who lived in the same state as me.
  • This was before the whole drama of moving to a different state. Not that I am saying that it wasn't one of the best things to happen to me, because it was, but the time before it happened was a lot more stress free, and I have come to terms with it afterwards anyways, better than I ever expected I would.
  • I was still at a school where people had known me for ten years.
  • My family lived 20 minutes away or less, for the most part.
  • I liked to go to the Del Amo mall a lot, and take those pictures with friends with different backgrounds that were ready in an hour across from Fashion Bug.
  • I got to hang out at my dad's job a lot during the summer.
  • Crushes were still possible (they still are now I guess, but they're different).
  • I listened to my portable CD player a lot, and I was happy dragging around a mini backpack just for that and 20 cds, because I had no idea what an ipod was yet.
  • I read a lot more.
  • My ears were pierced for the second time.
  • My brother was in that really cute stage where everyone loved him, so I could use him to show off.
  • I liked to really plan my outfits, and I made my dad take pictures of me when I thought I had gotten it absolutely right. I stood in our house's customary picture taking spot, in front of the wine rack.

What were you up to in 2003/2004?

6 Comments:

Anonymous aunt lennie said...

The highlight of 2004 for me was when I earned my bachelor's degree, after attending night classes for an exhausting two-and-half years straight, with no breaks!

3:43 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I think that's when I saw Iron Maiden on stage for the first time. August of 2003 at Irvin Meadows Amphitheatre and then January of 2004 at the Universal Amphitheatre. :)

That's all I can remember. I'm old now.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous e.eyre (aka aunt lola) said...

2003 got to say goodbye to working retail jobs and 2004 got my associates degree

8:58 AM  
Blogger The Big Man said...

I can't remember what happened yesterday, let alone 2004.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Stephen said...

I remember going on two of my favorite vacations during 2003 and 2004. In 2003, we drove up the California coast through Santa Barbara, Solvang, San Luis Obisbo, Cambria, Big Sur, Carmel, and Monterey. In 2004, we went to Buffalo, NY. We went to Niagara Falls and floated down the Erie Canal.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Got engaged for the FIRST time in
'03 (or was it '04?) and went back to school in '04. That's all I remember.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home