Friday, August 08, 2008

Almost there!

The winner of the all-time favorite book contest: "Anonymous"! Luckily, I have a keen sense of figuring out who these anonymous people are, and "Anonymous" could also be described as NYM. She wins The Devil Wears Prada, which I forgot to mention yesterday was the prize.

By the way, I liked all of your book nominations, they were all very good!

Today's question: What is your all time favorite mascara?

I for one can't really choose, I like a lot and am always experimenting, so I put a picture up of the lash stash, which has seven different sample size mascaras from Sephora (and is inexplicably sold out every time I go to the mall to buy it... it must be popular!) I would also like to give an Honorable Mention to Fiberwig, because it is the best mascara I've tried to date.

Sorry, my dear devoted blog readers for getting this out to you so late, but I was hosting a Cookie Lee Party at my house. It was eventful and fun and of course I bought a lot of jewelry. And while the party was in full swing my Nordstrom order came (it was FREE two day shipping!), so I'm about to go open my package.

And just so you all don't forget, today is the last day to get a comment in, and all the comments you've made during the week make you eligible to win a signed copy of my book Never Too Much of a Good Thing! And for those of you who don't win, I'm sorry, but you can still buy it at blurb.com, when I open it for sale tomorrow. So tomorrow's special Saturday post will be the announcement of the winner of the mascara contest and the book and directions on where to buy...

7 Comments:

Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

I don't wear make-up :( . No favorite mascara for me :S

5:40 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Unfortuneately, I don't experiment enough with mascara as I should. I've tried Maybelline's Great Lash (not impressed), Loreal (not impressed), Estee Lauder (not impressed). Always end up going back to Physician Formula's AquaWear in Midnight Black. It's waterproof,suitable for sensitive eyes, a good mascara for everyday. Around $5. I REALLY would love to get the Lash Stash! Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good mascara?

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ally, I think you and I are the only makeup junkies on this blog. My absolute favorite mascara, and I've tried everything from Wet N' Wild to Christian Dior brands, is hands down Estee Lauder's MagnaScopic in black. Coming in a close second, third, fourth, and fifth is Clinique's High Impact, Lancome's Flex waterproof formula (which they no longer make), Loreal's Voluminous waterproof, and Rimmel's Volume Flash waterproof mascara. I agree with Boogs about not being impressed with Maybelline's Great Lash which people always rave about. It is so overrated. I always have to have a volume formula mascara and a straight brush. I would prefer waterproof but if the mascara is so great and they don't offer waterproof formula such as Clinique's High Impact I make an exception for it. I also think Boogs needs to venture out of Longs Drugstore and buy some high end makeup. I think if I ever see that girl buying makeup in a Sephora I would have to take some video footage of it and post it on Youtube.

7:13 PM  
Blogger librarydaisy said...

Ok, so I was using lashblast by CoverGirl for a while, but I kept poking myself in the eye because the brush is so fat. So...I just got Lashexact also by Covergirl and I am very satisfied. It has the new comb style brush so the application is very clean, but the wand is very narrow so I can maneuver it better.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Boogs, I haven't experimented with mascara that much. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'm using the same brand of mascara that I used in high school--Cover Girl Professional. Call it laziness but hey, if it's good enough for Christie Brinkley, then it's good enough for me.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Well excuuuuuuuse me! LOL!!!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that I'm too late to be entered into yesterday's contest, which has me deeply depressed as I'm sure that the prize would probably be a classic dvd such as "Son of Mask", "Dude, Where's my car?", or any of Anna Nicole Smith's Oscar contenders. That being said, I do have some mascara experience. Similar to your dad, I usually purchase my wife's make up. When we were first dating, she wore Estee Lauder's basic line mascara in Midnight Navy, which I really liked. When Estee Lauder discontinued that line, she went to the "More than Mascara" line in a black color, which she still uses today. She has experimented with some others (volumizers, self-curling, etc.), but finds the "More than Mascara" line the best for her needs.
Midnight Navy or black should be the only color used for mascara. Any of the other colors should be reserved for clowns or transvestites.
Signed,
Not your dad, but possibly Tammy Faye Bakker or Pamela Anderson, and definitely not Devine.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home