Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Contest Week Extravaganza: Day Two

The Winner of Yesterday's Contest: e. eyre (aka aunt lola)! Your prize will be mailed to you at the end of the week ; )
You know, I've never really liked onions in any shape or form. Cooked, uncooked, diced, sliced. But. I've always liked the idea of onion rings. Mostly I like the idea of the breading, if it was just a ring of that instead I'd be totally eating them up.
But then one day I tried this Western BBQ burger, and it was a burger with BBQ sauce and onion rings on it, and it was delish! And now I have ventured into trying onion rings themselves, and they aren't terrible. I mean they're fried, I shoulda known I would like them =)
So my question is: What are the best onion rings you've ever tasted?
(I personally like the ones from Applebee's, you know that tower? ;)
Don't forget to comment your response in order to win today's prize, the movie The Hot Chick. And all the comments you submit make you eligible to win my poetry book Never Too Much of a Good Thing!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh I love the awesome blossoms from Chile's. It's like a pie of onion rings and amazingly delicious.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank the academy for this lovely honor, to Ally for your generosity, and to upholding the integrity of this contest and staying true to your vision. I deeply thank you from the bottom of my heart .

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can give or take onion rings but I prefer fries or fried zuchini. I do like onions. I think onion rings are great on top of western bbq burgers or dipped in ranch dressing. I don't like overcooked onion rings where the batter/coating is falling off the onion. I think the batter/coating makes all the difference in taste. I think the best onion rings come from independent fast food outlets like Fabulous (aka Ghetto Burger).

4:50 PM  
Blogger MaidenMeeshie said...

D'oh! I'm sure you figured out who I was, but I totally forgot to say it. It's Michelle! *waves hand* Hi!

Hmm...best onion rings...that's a tough question. The ones from Red Robin are pretty good. I remember eating at Steve's Burgers out here and the onions rings were HUGE! As I recall, they were quite yummy, too. I think I'll go with that :D

Oh, and I prefer fried zucchini, too...yum yum!!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ally--I know I don't qualify for the contest anymore but I just wanted to say that I like how Claim Jumpers offers you the fat onion rings or the skinny onion rings when you order them. It's always nice to have a choice and personally speaking, I enjoy the fat ones more!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may as well give today's prize to "e.eyre" (aka aunt lola). She should win it just on the basis of her acceptance speach for winning yesterday's prize. Her suggestion for best onion rings is also very good.
I actually like onion rings from Ghetto Burger joints like Steve's, Herfy's, Fabulous, etc., but the best I've ever tasted are from Jimmy Mac's. They also serve them in the tower form (various heights) ala Red Robin and Applebee's. Of course, they are best with Ranch Dressing or "Frites Sause" (ask a Dutchman). I do have to say that I forgot about the Chilli's onion flower, the Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion, and the Tony Roma's fried onion topped with bbq sauce.
Signed,
Not your dad, but possibly Ruben Kincade or Danny Partridge, but definitely not Tatoo or Captin Stubing.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Boogs said...

Congratulations Lola and Nennie! Good job! I know I'm a day late here but I just want to say the best I've had were at Red Robin. I also want to give noteable mention to Ghetto Burger (Fabulous!), me and Mike's late night stop.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home