Thursday, November 29, 2007

Heather's Debut!

Hey everyone! I can't even begin to tell you what a great honor it is for me to be asked to be a guest blogger for Ally. This is so cool! But anyways, I'm sure senior year stress has been mentioned numerous times on this blog seeing that it comes up for me at least ten times a day in my daily conversations. Long story short, senior year translates to death no matter what region of the U.S. you come from. (Sorry for you younger readers out there). With that being said, I don't know about you guys, but when I feel stressed I usually do two things: eat my feelings out and listen to some music. For me, the latter has become a necessity--whether it's oldies or pop, alternative or hip-hop, I just can't live without it. Now, while I am a big rap and hip-hop fan, I've lately been really into alternative. I mean, how can you possibly go wrong with a bunch of British guys in a band?? Yeah, I didn't think you could. If you haven't heard much of this genre, I have some bands here that you just might like.


One of my all time favorite bands is the Arctic Monkeys. Not only do they have a really cool name, but their music is absolutely phenomenal! This British band's upbeat and electric music makes sure you are off your feet dancing. Well, at least for me. Maybe it's because I just love them so much. I get overly excited like that. Try listening to their songs "Mardy Bum," "Fluorescent Adolescent," and "When the Sun Goes Down" off of their album Favourite Worst Nightmare and tell me what you think.


Another absolute fave of mine is another band from the UK called MUSE. You may have heard of them or may have not, but they are all the rave here in New England. I don't know what it is about them that makes my heart go thump whenever I hear a beat from their album Black Holes and Revelations. Perhaps its the futuristic nature of the music and its ultra-suave beat that gets me going. The lead singer's voice is just so aesthetically pleasing, I guess. Imagine a modern and cooler version of the 80's hit band Depeche Mode. Their songs "Starlight" and "Supermassive Black Hole" are their most popular tunes as well as two of my favorites. Check em out!!! You'll love it fo sho.


With their new album Sawdust out, The Killers are on the rise again. Thank God for that! I've been missing this band since their last album Sam's Town's release. I remember I first heard their music on an episode of The O.C. See, they're even cool enough to go on that show--that has to say something about them, right? You are probably familiar with "Mr. Brightside" or "Somebody Told Me," but I definitely recommend checking out some of their other songs like "Uncle Johnny" and "Read My Mind." Its indie beat will make you fall in love with the lead singer Brandon Flowers in a heartbeat.


So, those are three bands I would recommend for you as of now. Your homework is to go listen to them ASAP. Just kidding, this isn't school! But seriously, feedback is welcome. I sincerely hope you guys like it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home