Friday, October 12, 2007

Sorry for the Extended Absence

I am sure you must of all missed me terribly :] Due to my long period away, this post will be a tad longer, and if all goes well this weekend, then I will try to build up some blogs in my reserve in order to post with more frequency next week.
In my immediate family, there is an epidemic. And by epidemic I mean two family members have a hard time keeping secrets when it comes to certain people and certain presents. Case in point, someone in my family whose name starts with A told me that today he went with my mom to Target and got my birthday present. Then preceded to tell me what it was, a pillow with Zac Efron on it :/ So when we got home my mom just gave me the pillow because I already knew what it was. And this story has a slight point, I promise. Well, awhile ago my brother came up with an idea to get my grandma a locket for Christmas and put a picture of him and her together in it. And then my mom preceded to tell my grandma! But she has yet to find a locket, and so that got me to thinking...and thus today's post about lockets.

When I was at Nordstrom Rack that other weekend, and browsing the dress rack, I was in love with ALL the Juicy Couture dresses. Each and every one of them was cute and fashionable and, oh, if I was only a size 12 even what I wouldn't do to wear one of these dresses. And when I ventured over to the purse section, and besides Betsey Johnson, all my favorite bags were Juicy, of course. And when I go to Nordstrom, they always have the special section with all the JC jewelry and I never see a piece I do not like. And the above locket is no exception. It's pretty traditional in the sense that it is gold and heart-shaped but it's so much more because of the other exquisite details like the bling and the safety pin chain, etc. Love it! $95

I am a sucker for jewelry (it makes the outfit), but in necklaces I have a weakness for special chains. It is so easy to slap a pretty pendant on a crappy chain and call it good, so when a chain is as marvelous as the pendant, then I know it's spectacular. As you can imagine, this necklace certainly fulfills my chain expectations, and in this case the chain is almost the main event compared to the locket part. This necklace is from etsy.com, and the more I peruse the sight the more I want to buy everything! $74

Again, this necklace fulfills two of my main requirements, bling and an awesome chain. The locket really gets dressed up with the added crystals, and the beads of the chain look almost rosary-like to me. And that's beautiful. $40

For the most part, the lockets I have featured have been more on the traditional side, with only slight variations to distinguish themselves. For those that are looking for something on the wild side, then I think you'll love this. It is so not what you would expect of a locket. Flamingos on the front? I mean, seriously! And when I saw this, I immediately thought of Florida and how I would like to visit there (plus all 50 states, among other places). And I could wear this! Plus, this one is one of the cheaper lockets of the post. $19

Ok, how freakin' sweet is this? Talk about untraditional, this locket looks normal from the outside, but when you open it, there is room for four pictures! Suh-weet. Double the room for your many admirers... $41.65

Mmkay, talk about lockets! This definitely has you covered. It has pretty much every locket shape on one necklace, and what could be wrong with that? And here I would also like to mention that with most lockets (but I would not recommend this one), you can layer them with longer and/or shorter necklaces for a vintage-y look. $28

Out of all the lockets I saw today, this is by far my favorite! How cute is it that it's shaped like an envelope, with a little "I love you" letter inside? Awww, it makes me melt right on the spot. I don't even care that you can't really put a picture in it, it's cuteness by far makes up for it. Someone please buy this for me, I'll love you forever! :] (The above one is from etsy.com, but they sell them at urban Outfitters also). $16.50
Alrightey people, here is my first post back from a long time away. Let's be honest, I doubt my mom would use any of these for my grandma's present, but I lvoe them all. I hope to get things together enough to try and post more next week. Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home